Sparks

Hayley walks through the halls with a slight spring in her step. The mushroom strap on her backpack swings around with each step. The lights above seem brighter than usual.

Casually looking around she observes her surroundings. Her eyes gaze around and they meet someone else's. Staring ahead her slight smile falters as she looks at Angie. She wasn't alone, in fact the entire clique of friends were in front of her locker. Hayley tears her eyes away from Sienna's cold stare. Her face immediately turns to the floor and her thoughts begin to run wild.

Why is she, well all of them in front of my locker!? Aghhhh, my heart can't handle this. Why can't we just do our normal awkward routine. That's so much easier than this. What if I make a fool out of myself? Wait, what if they try to talk to me? I can't handle this. Hold on, why would they try to talk to me? I mean, they haven't ever done that before, so why would they start now? Yeah, yeah! They probably won't, but what if they do? Should I just turn around and go upstairs. Wait, I can't do that, they already saw me. It's like their eyes are judging every step I take. Whatever, deep breathes, I'm already super close to my locker. No going back now.

Hayley arrives at her locker and fiddles with the latch, her hands slightly shaking. She slips off her backpack and puts it in her locker. She feels as though their stares are penetrating right through her. Her heart beats faster as she closes her locker and turns to face them.

The first thing she sees are Sienna's light brown eyes. She leans closer to Hayley wearing a smirk until their noses are just a few centimeters apart. Hayley could smell the citrus bubblegum she was chewing from this distance. Her diamond studs sparkle in the sunlight and her nude lip enticing.

Hayley's eyes dart around unsure of where she should look. Her eyes meet Blake's and Blake stifles a laugh. She quickly looks away still at a loss of what to do. The close proximity of Sienna to well, her face makes her heart beat even faster. Her face steadily grows pink as she blushes awkwardly. She didn't see Sienna staring at her, but she felt it intensely.