Style

To Hayley, waiting for all of the day's classes to end seemed like an eternity, but when that final bell rang she bolted out of the classroom and sped walked through the hallways. Walking down the stairs eagerly, she clutches the straps of her pink fjall raven backpack. Arriving at the atrium, she glances around looking for Amber. She found herself waiting for her while sitting on the floor. She takes out an apple she saved from lunch and starts munching on it.

Looking around, she sees the dancers here chatting, practicing their routines, and just enjoying themselves. They were way to busy to notice that Hayley had showed up. Even if they did, they would rather dance than talk behind her back. She bites into the core and chews slowly, wondering when Amber would get here. Finishing off the apple she gets up and stretches her legs. She decides to walk around and look for Amber. In that moment she spots her weaving through the crowd with someone following her. Hayley waves to Amber to get her attention.

"Hi,  I hope you don't mind but I brought someone along with me." A girl with golden hoops walks forward and her eyes run down Hayley's body. She laughs almost inaudibly and bats her long eyelashes.

"Nice to meet you", she says with a slightly malicious smirk.

Hayley just stares at her with a poker face and replies, "Same."

Oblivious to the tension in the air, Amber smiles and says, "Let's start then."

"With what?", Hayley asks confused.

"With your dancing of course! What else?" Her eyes sparkle in excitement and Hayley's feeling of anxiety only grow with each passing moment. "I really want to see what you can do. Like... ummm, like what style you dance in. You know, something more contemporary or something more..."

"Traditional?", Angie says with a flat voice.

"Yeah, exactly!"

"Yeah alright." Angie pulls Amber to the side and whispers, "Haven't you heard about her? Why do you even bother with someone like her." 

Amber glances up at Hayley and asks, "About what? What's wrong with her?" She watches Hayley as she paces back and forth idly waiting for them to finish their conver.

Angie rolls her eyes and replies, "Never mind, I'll tell you later. After she leaves" Amber walks back to Hayley and apologizes for the hold up, still in confusion about what Angie was saying.

"Okay, so what appeals to you the most? Just tell me as I list off all the dances I know. Ballroom, swing, ........ tap dancing. Oh right, break dancing, ballet..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you think you're doing?", Angie asks sharply with her eyes narrowing.

Amber coolly replies, "Just hanging with Hayley. I mean, she's there every single day watching them dance. I figured I might as well introduce her to dance." Amber looks into the mirror and starts to retie her hair. "She is actually pretty good. I mean did you see her today? We were just trying out different kinds of dance and she picked it up." Snapping her fingers she continues, "Just like that, I mean seriously its not li-"

Angie interrupts, "I don't care. Don't you know? She's gay."

Amber stops looking at the mirror and stares dead on Angie. "So what? Who cares? After all your bffs Sienna and Bla-"

"It's not your place to say anything. Besides, she is bisexual. She probably dates people, then leaves them in the dust after someone else better comes along", Angie spat.

Amber's voice suddenly becomes hard and slowly rises in volume, "Just because you had a bad experience, doesn't give you th-"

"Don't you dare say it", she growled.

"It doesn't give you the right to judge others based on that alone. Justin left yo-"

"Shut up!" Angie screamed. "What do you know? You don't know me, you can't judge me."

"Exactly, you don't know Hayley. Then why are you judging her?" Amber begins to walk out of the bathroom when she hears Angie laugh. She stops in her tracks, but doesn't turn around.

"You are going to regret this. Both you and Hayley."

"If that's all, then I'm going to leave."

Amber walks out into the hallway and takes a sigh of relief. She didn't want to start remembering... remembering the past. She shakes off the feeling as she walks out of the school and yells, "I am invincible and I can do anything!" She hears footsteps and turns around to find a teacher looking around. She quickly walks away into the courtyard before the teacher could see her.