"Bloody bastard, it's time to wake up, you have slept enough." Lord Rivers grumbled as he watched the study rise and fall of his chest, his face lined with worry, making him look twice his age.

Andrew walked around the village, listening intensively at the multiple whispered conversations held various steps away from each other. Some more appealing than most. He needed information and the best place to gain it was from a busy village. None would be the wiser of his intentions, he couldn't afford another slip.

He walked towards a stand which held various little trinkets, pretending to examine them while his ears where firmly trained on the group of men to his right.

"Tis a sad day in our village."

Andrew looked towards the woman in annoyance, not that he showed such emotion. He was trying to overhear the whispered conversation of the men to no avail, thanks to the wench beside him. She couldn't have picked another day to offer a tussle.

"Would you not agree?" She questioned while batting her lashes.

Andrew looked at her features more closely. She was a pretty little thing, small, but curvy. Her hair was a tad bit dirty, but not appallingly so. Her small, pert breasts had his gaze drawn towards them, it didn't bode well for her gown to be low cut either, she would serve well. She had not the slightest of idea of what she was offering, or to whom.
He deserved some sort of reward for all the hard work he had been putting in for the past months. The wench would reward him handsomely, of that he would make certain. He did what he did out of necessity, that, however, did not make him anyone's lap dog to do as they pleased. He was his own person, and it was good time people realized.

"Forgive me, fair maiden, but I am afraid I have no knowledge regarding your statement."

The woman flushed as he lifted her hand to his lips for a seemingly chaste kiss.

"Ye are a gentleman."

"I am afraid I have no knowledge of such either." Andrew smiled charmingly. The woman melted, stepping ever closer towards him.

"Your were saying..." Andrew prompted, hiding his smirk as she continued to swoon over him.

"Tis a sad day." The woman said, coming out of her stupor.

"Why would you say such a thing? Tis a fine day, if a tad bit chilly." Andrew said as he began to play with a strand of her hair.

"Lord Knight was injured two nights ago, he has yet to gain consciousness."

"Truly? I was under the impression he was hearty and well."

"Nay." The woman shook her head, her brown eyes widening.

"Her ladyship has not left her chambers nor has his lordship awakened. Everyone is afraid he will nay make it."

Andrew nodded sympathetically as the girl's eyes began to well with tears. He wanted a good tussle, nothing more. It seemed as if he would have to wait.

"Why don't you come with me, you don't seem as if you are too well yourself."

"I know tis silly, but lord Knight is very kind. He took my family and I in when no one else would. Where people ridiculed us because of my mothers position, he showed nothing but kindness and compassion." The woman said as she wiped her nose on the back of her hand.

Andrew grimaced. He thought she would be an easy roll in the hay. At least one of his tasks were completed, he learned what he came to the village for. The laird was indisposed, though he loathed to say so, the credit went to Jack. Last eve their men had begun to come inside the castle walls. The guards did not suspect a thing. Instead of being diligent, everyone was behaving like wee lassies, crying over their lover. It made him sick, but it all worked in his favor.
It was difficult getting Jack out the village to report back to the mistress. But Andrew had found a rarely used, and rarely guarded, route some time back. It came in quite handy for Jack, and it would come in handy once more.

Sapphire ran a finger over Tristan's brow, the sounds of the night haunting her ears. Of it's own occurred, her finger ran over his lips, lightly tracing them, before moving towards his soft beard.
Hot tears gathered in her eyes before pooling over and running down her cheeks. One tear would not reach her jaw when another would begin its treacherous journey.
Sapphire bit her lip to not make any noise, she could taste blood from her futile efforts, for a heart wrenching sob escaped her.
Her shoulders shook from the force of her tears. Sapphire grabbed his hand, holding him tight as she quietly sobbed, not able to stay stoic any longer.
In the dead of the night, when the world sleeps, and the righteous pray, Sapphire whispered through her tears, her eyes stinging with pain, but that pain paled in comparison to the havoc created in her chest.

"Please come back to me. God please let him be alright. Please. Dear Lord, I love him, loving ones husband is no sin. You have the power to control everything, nothing can happen unless it's your will, please give me my husband back, please......" Her voice broke towards the end, a heartfelt plea for her beloved.

"Take heed, I want no mistakes. One mistake will cost you your life." Corriane snapped at the men who stood before her, their gazes lowered. No one should be able to look her in the eye.
She was aware of the lustful way they watched her, they could look their hearts fill, so long they do not look her in the eye. They did not deserve such a privilege. They were beneath her, it would do them good to remember their place. She despised people who acted above their status. Hated them with a passion which could match no other.

The men nodded their agreement, not daring to speak. Corriane smiled, one which clashed against her bitter features, pleased with herself.

"In a weeks time, we strike at dawn. Keith will have you know the destination as well as the escape routes."

Once again the men merely nodded.

"You are dismissed." Corriane snapped as she stared at her nails. Not long ago her nails would have been free of grime and filth, now they were too hideous to look at. Her beautiful fingers were plagued with the same fate.

"Ye are verra excited for yer battle." Fredrick said as he roughly pulled Corriane into his lap.

Corriane shrugged a thin shoulder as his hands began to make way under her skirts. She had to remind herself she was very close to her goal, by pleasing Fredrick she would be able to please herself.

"Aye, and the gratitude would go to you." Corriane purred as she ran one slim finger along his cheek, stopping before his unkept beard.

"Aye." Fredrick grunted, not too keen on speaking. He had other thoughts in mind.

Although he feared the consequences of attacking Knight, a fear he would never admit, he couldn't ignore Corriane's wishes. The woman intrigued him, the blackness of her heart more enticing than her noble beauty or pride. The wench had arrogance, more so than he. Once this battle was over, and her desire fulfilled, he would get his answers. Answers to her past, answers as to why she despised Knight so, answers for which he anxiously awaited.

I'm soo sorry. But I was sooo out of it, and sooo very exhausted, but the updates should be back to normal now ;)

Vote

Comment

Enjoy

Tell me what you think