Chapter 11

"Mhm, this tastes divine! Katherine, you must have a taste."

Lord Xavier's mother, lady Manning, said to lady Rivers, the look of absolute serenity was plastered across her face.

Sapphire looked at the shriveled dessert lady Manning seemed to have fallen in love with.

"That looks horrifying!" Isabella whispered.

Sapphire looked towards her friend and had to stifle a laugh. Isabella looked as if she were about to puke! The look of disgust occupied her face.

"Well, it certainly has a unique taste." Lady Rivers spoke delicately.

"I'll say, it's an acquired taste." Lord Rivers mumbled while surreptitiously throwing away the item someone, who was out if their mind, would consider food.

"How about you Tristan?"

Lord Rivers asked of the younger lord.

Sapphire was well aware as lord Knight twisted in his chair next to her. The heat from his body felt like a furnace next to hers. All through out the day she had been stealing glances his way. But his brooding expression never lessened. He looked even angrier than last time, and Sapphire couldn't help wonder why. Of course she found her attraction towards him rather rattling. The deep baritone of his voice brought her out of her reverie.

"If you must have my opinion, it tastes rather foul."

"Tristan Knight!" Lady Manning said with a scandalous expression. One would think he'd confessed to murder.

Lord Rivers gave a loud, boisterous laugh. While Isabella giggled in a very lady like manor. Lady Rivers was a bright shade of pink. And Sapphire? She tried very hard to not let her leg touch lord Knights, all in vain.

"Tis true." Tristan shrugged. "We're having a wedding, I'd probably have fed this to the enemies. As lord Rivers mentioned, it's an acquired taste."

"Now you listen here boy, don't drag me down with you." Lord Rivers put in quickly.

Tristan merely shrugged in response.

Tristan continued on the charade of eating this and that. His brooding expression present. He was in the most foulest of moods, and it had to do with the little vixen who sat next to him. For the past couple of hours he stiffly sat besides her, he would have Xavier's head for that! Her thigh would gently press against his, and all too quickly he'd remember that very thigh clad in breeches. Everything she did aroused him! Even the way she ate! He had been watching her from the corner of his eye, and time after time, he wished he was the fork which nestled in between her lips.

He had to put an end to his fantasies. This was lord Rivers daughter, he couldn't disrespect her, not that he would disrespect any woman. But it was pretty damn easy to forget ones morals with a lady like her to have beside you. Tristan clenched his fists and then had them un clenched, he mustn't act like a young lad who just came about puberty! A cold shower was in order, and soon.

"Thank you so very much for joining us today." Lady Rivers thanked.

"Nonsense! It was our pleasure." Lady Manning quickly assured.

Both families bid each other goodbye as they retired for the day.

"That dessert was awful! How did you manage to eat it?" Lord Rivers asked of his wife.

"Women tend to endure a great many sacrifice, dear." Lady Rivers answered lightly.

Lord Rivers grunted in response.

"Mother, I hope we won't be having that on the wedding." Isabella's asked in horror.

"Well, it is considered a very-"

"Lord no! Katherine, that tasted foul! Besides it's Isabella'a wedding, what she wants will happen." Lord Rivers said, quickly coming to his daughters aid.

"If father and daughter have forgotten, lady Manning is your dear Xavier's mother."

Lady Rivers stated, leaving no room for argument.

"I'll convince Xavier." Isabella mumbled as she left to her chambers.

"Sapphire, honey, explain to your uncle."
Lady Rivers said as she also left the room.

"Just looking at it had me almost retching."

Sapphire said with a shake of her head. Lord Rivers gave a hearty laugh, did his wife honestly think his daughter would side against him?

"Bloody hell! What is the meaning of this!" Xavier growled while ailing his now broken nose.

"What is the meaning of this!" Tristan spat.

"You had me placed right next to lady Dracmore. More so, I had to be behind her, next to her, all around her for hells sake! "

"Well, pardon me for thinking you had an interest in her."

"An interest in a being and to pursue, are two different things."

Tristan said tersely.

Xavier shook his head at his friend.

"You may do as you please, but you won't be able to deny your feelings for long."

Tristan took his hand to the hilt of his sword.

"I will be taking my leave."

With that said, Xavier quickly left. Tristan knew he shouldn't have been so hard on Xavier, but he was meddling too much, and Tristan could not have that. Tristan punched the wall he was standing by,hard enough to bruise his knuckles. Even that did he did not notice.

"My lord, your meal." Sarah, the house keeper, said quietly.

"I am not hungry, please take it away Sarah. And please make sure everyone else had eaten. Thank you."

Tristan said with his face resting against the wall. He wasn't angry, he was furious. Never had he wanted to take a women to his bed and do unspeakable things to her as he wanted to do with lady Dracmore. Her every action drove him to the brink of insanity. He wasn't sure what drove this madness. Was it her full, pouty lips? Or was it the sweet, genuine smile she'd give to a peasant. Was it her lushes curves, the swell of her breast. Or the heart that beat beneath it.
Through out the day it was sweet torture, being beside her. Just thinking about her had his breeches tightening. He had to banish thoughts of that sweet siren before he did something he'd regret...

The stench of blood hung heavily in the air. Limbs that had been savagely ripped from their respective bodies lay scattered around the room. Men were struggling for their last breath. The room spun. Her head hurt. She felt like throwing up. She wanted to scream but she couldn't, she was trapped. She tried to move, to get out, but she couldn't. Screams filled her tiny ears, screams of pain and horror, screams of death. She didn't want to watch, didn't want to hear, but she was immobile. She saw the malicious eyes, the cruel smile. He was slowly walking towards her, her heart beat rapidly, but there was nothing she could do. He would finish what he had yet to do, what he had begun. Fear froze her veins, she tried to bite her tongue, but she couldn't. Her mouth had a brain of its own, letting out a blood curdling scream....

So, so sorry for no updates, but I will be updating once a week from now on!!! ;) And a HUGE THANK YOU TO @sKandal , she designed the covers. (I'm horrible at tht stuff)

Vote
Comment ;)