Chapter Sixty-Nine

Start from the beginning

    I smiled to myself, remembering the times where Dad used to use that same tone at me when I try giving up. He's always my rock, pulling me up when I'm down, and giving me strength when I couldn't anymore.

    My other side opened his one eye to peek at my dad, and for a split second...I saw him again. My other side who's tied with me, the old side of me and not the dark one.

    Before I could get my hopes up, he snapped his canines at me that has me pulling myself out of my mind and to reality.

    Both men didn't say anything more as they carry me out of the mansion's underground basement and to my room where mom immediately rushed to the bathroom and readied a bath for me.

    They left as soon as mom got me and supported me inside the tub. She couldn't even look at me in the eye, she always tears up if she does and I couldn't even stand seeing her hurting, all because of me.

    Stepping into the warm shower, my muscles started to loosen up as she washed me, as much as she can reach anyway.

    "Mom...I can wash myself" I told her as she tried reaching down, which got me embarrassed.

    She snapped her head at me, giving me that mother look that says I'm in trouble. I gulped as I squirmed at the look she's giving me. Imagine the infamous Zach Harrison getting scared with just a look from his mother. Don't say anything, she could be worse than a devil if she's pissed.

    "Zacharion Jace Harrison! It's nothing I have seen!" She scolded me as I flinched, my ears ringing with her tone rising.

    "That's when I was still a kid. I'm grown up now, mom" I mumbled as she placed her hands in her hips with a stern look my way.

    "I don't care what I see there if it has to be a lot of curly noodles and two brown eggs, I.don't.care. Right now you need to be washed and cleaned so that you could finally eat and rest." I blushed at her choice of words. Curly noodles and two brown eggs? Really? Way to go mom.

    "Am I understood?" She asked me in a stern voice but with a soft look on her face.

    My other side stretched and greeted mom before going back to resting. Mom is the only one he couldn't hurt at all. It's like he knows her deep down and would never ever hurt her.

    How about Lex?

    I paused my train of thoughts at the mention of her. Will he hurt her? Can he hurt her?

    "I just needed some time alone" I mumbled as her whole features softened as she nodded in understanding.

    "She stopped calling, Zach" she told me softly. I nodded, knowing well about who she is talking about. She already stopped calling even before I rejected her.

    "I guess it has to do with me. I answered her call when I took you to your room when you got wild again." She confessed as she carressed my face gently.

    "What did you say?"

    "I didn't know she was your special someone at the time and I thought she was one of your employees at the company so I told her to just text whatever she wants to say and that you'll take care of it tomorrow when you're awake. Then you shifted with a groan, holding your ribs that your father hit you to immobilize you a bit and she just hung up"

    I closed my eyes, she's probably thinking the worst that time. I took a deep breath in, reigning in the emotion that wants to come forth.

    "I'm sorry" she apologized as I shook my head.