Umbrella.

Chapter 5: Umbrella.

While sitting in the car everyone stayed quiet, not daring to say a single word after what just happened. Those Lickers were after me but instead of just getting me they started to kill everyone in the hospital, I know that I should feel happy to be alive and safe but all those people died because of me... Innocent people that didn't deserve to have their lives taken from them.

So to try and take my mind off that I started to talk with Chris. "So what is Umbrella... Really? Some kind of organisation or what?"

"Well they used to be the ones who took care of most of the things in our town, medicines, hospitals, you name it." He answered while keeping his gaze on the road in front of him.

I nodded but still felt sad, to know that doesn't make me feel any better. So I sighed and told him. "Okay... Good to know, but that won't help me with my memories."

Chris stayed quiet, who could blame him... The secret behind my life is complicated so it's not easy to try and help me recover it. Suddenly the car stopped in the middle of a forest and everyone started to get out, what the hell?!

"Why are we stopping?" I asked him in a little panic, feeling anything but safe, and heard him sigh while turning to me. "We are going to put up a camp... Just for the night, we need to rest before we get to Racoon city." He told me calmly and gave me a soft smile.

But I just blinked and swallowed nervously, he have to be kidding... If those Lickers are still looking for me then they might attack us out here.

"B-But what a-about t-those creatures, w-won't they be o-out there?" I asked him, my voice stuttering and showing how scared I am, then hesitantly got out of the car.

Chris shook his head and put a hand on my arm once he was beside me to try and calm me down. "Don't worry about that, one of us will be up and stay on guard... We do know how to use a gun." He chuckled and I nodded slowly, still being scared, then slowly get over to the others. Everyone was already doing something, Claire was starting a fire while Leon took out his gun and stayed on guard... At least I felt a little bit safer now knowing they were the ones who helped.

I got over to Claire, who was still trying to start a fire, and asked her while looking at the wood on the gtound. "Do you need any help?"

"No.. I'm good, just take a sleeping bag from the car and find a place to sleep on." She told me smiling and I nodded slowly, feeling a bit better. "Okay..." I whispered but instead of getting to the car I went over to Leon, wanting to talk with him.

"I'm just wondering but: why do Umbrella want me so badly? Is not as if I'm the only one with a rare virus... Right?" I asked him puzzled and saw him shake his head and sigh sadly, looking a little angry. "Truth to be told Veronica... Your virus is the rarest one, you are the only one who actually got it." He explained, sounding anything but happy, and I looked down, not feeling any better again.

"Oh... Okay." I whispered and this time I got to the car to take a sleeping bag, I just want some sleep now.

When I found a place to sleep on I closed my eyes for a moment and sighed, still feeling scared over what happened today and of what I saw with my own two eyes. I knew that one of them will stayed on guard and would warn us if any danger appeared but I was still scared of those things... And of what I did to one of them. It attacked someone who wanted to help me so that gave me a reason to kill it but... The way I killed it was horrible, just not normal. I grew out tentacles that stabbed it in the head, and threw it into a wall hard as if it was trash.

"You're not scared of what you did are you?" I heard X hiss softly but I stayed quiet, whenever I talked with X it felt weird... As if I was talking to a imaginary friend. But I saw her after the car crash when I was laying on the ground bleeding to death so she was real, it's just that no one else can hear or talk with her.

Finally I sighed and laid the sleeping bag out on the ground. "I was scared... I did something that was not normal, I killed a woman the exact same way by stabbing her in the stomach." I thought back to her while laying out the sleeping bag on the ground. "She was about to kill you... She almost did, so she deserved to die." She told me in a softer voice when I crawled into the sleeping bag.

I laid down on my back and sighed, X is right... that woman tried to kill me. But it still felt wrong, never in my whole life have I ever tried to hurt someone. So before I fell asleep I told X. "You may be right but it still felt wrong, I killed a person... It's not right."

"She still deserved it... And the others does it too, all of them!" She suddenly told me in a creepy voice that made a shill run down my spine when I closed my eyes and felt her have a great anger inside of her that was burning like a fire, making all of my confidence disappear and be replaced with fear... Fear of her.

End of chapter 5.