Infected.

Chapter 2: Infected.

Veronica's pov.

"Where am I? Ahh... it hurts, everything hurts" I thought in pain as I started to wake up.

I opened my eyes, still feeling pain. Everything was blurry... where am I, is my sister Sara okay? I was lying in a bed and there was a needle in my arm, I was in a hospital room.

*Door opening*

I looked to where I heard the noice.... Who's that, a doctor?

I heard him get beside my bed, he talked while writing on something.

"Hi my name is Eric and you must be Veronica, good to see you awake. After getting you to the hospital yesterday we thought you were dead, so much blood... it's a miracle that you survived. Can't say the same about your sister... Poor girl" He said and whispered the last thing for himself sadly.

My sister... is she dead, is she alive? I tried to move but my whole body was in damn pain... how badly did I hurt myself?

Eric put a hand on my chest to make me lay srill, also making it hurt a little.

"I would not do that if I were you, you got hurt really badly so you need to rest" He said "So stay still... it's for your best"

I sighed, he's right... But how bad is it really? I already knew that my ribs got broken and that I got glass jammed into my skin when I flew out the car.

*Door opening*

The door opened again... Was it another doctor, why would I need two... something wasn't right.

I heard Eric turn and speak to the person "Sorry but only doctors and relatives are allowed to visit the pa- wait I know you, you're working for Wesker" He said in panic

After he was done talking I heard the other person talk, it was a woman.

"Yes I am and you have something that belongs to him, something failed" She told him coldly.

I heard Eric drop something "What are doing? Stay away from me... AHHH!" I heard him scream then get quiet, gurgling sounds coming instead.

I opened my eyes again, seeing better then last time, and watched in horror as the woman jumped onto Eric and cut his already injured throat open... Making blood splatter everywhere... Even on me.

She let go of Eric and his body fell to the floor with a thud, a puddle of blood forming around him.

The wound was so deep so the bone was shown, a straight cut... True horror.

I noticed that the woman had dark skin and black hair that was cut to the shoulders.

She was wearing a black jacket, gloves and pants, a white and red symbole that looked like an umbrella was on her left breast pocket... I think I've seen it before.

But I couldn't see her whole face because of the sunglasses and scarf on the lower half of the face.

I still looked at her, my heart beating faster and my whole body shaking... I freezed... Bot being able to move.

She put the knife inside her jacked then started to approach me, taking out a needle... What is she doing?

She pulled out the tube from the sack and... Put the needle into it instead, making the substance get in my veins.

When she was done I felt my heart hurt... She wants me dead, but why?

She leaned down to me "That should do it... You are a failed experiment so no one will care if you die, project Veronica X... Such a failure" She whispered coldly in my ear.