Pain.

Chapter 1: Pain

Time: 10.16, morning.

Location: New Orleans, inside house.

Veronica's pov.

I sat at the table eating my breakfast along with my parents, Maja and Alfred and my one year younger sister, Sara.

Mom has brown hair and brown eyes, she is forthy years old.

Dad has black hair and green eyes, he's just as old as mom.

My sister Sara has green eyes and brown hair like dad.

But I'm different... I have white hair and ice blue eyes, so I kinda feel like a outsider when I compare myself with my family.

Mom told me that I got my features from grandma, but I never really met her before because she died when I was six so I don't know if mom is telling the truth.

But as I said... it was a normal morning, nothing unusual, everyone is getting ready for the day.

Mom and dad were getting ready for their work on the hospital while me and Sara were getting ready to go to the beach with our friends Bianca, Robert and Tony.

*Knock knock*

Suddenly someone knocked on the door, making all of us look up in suprise, and dad told us that he would get it, so he got up from his chair to see who was at the door.

I heard him open the door and talk "Hello who is- no it can't be, you... You're supposed to be dead, they told me that you died when that ship exploded. What are you doing? Put that gun do- *Pang* AHHH!" I heard dad say in panic and scream when the shot was heard.

All of us got up from our chairs and heard dad struggle with the person.

"Maja... get the kids out, don't let him take Ve... *Pang pang* Away..." Dad said weakly then suddendly got quiet.

I heard a body hit the floor, Sara and mom screamed in fear, and I watched in horror, through the opening of the kitchen, dads lifeless body lying on the floor, eyes open blankly and blood coming out from his bullet wounds.

I put my hands over my mouth and cried, trying not to get sick because of what I was seeing. I felt a hand on my shoulder and noticed mom standing beside me, gun in her other hand and getting infront of me.

When she was standing infront of us, gun raised, I noticed a strange man get into the room, gun in hand and covered in dads blood. He's wearing black all over, coat, shirt, pants, combat boots, gloves and sunglasses. His hair was yellow blond and he had a stern look on his face.

He stopped in front of us "So I finally found you... after all this years. Did you really think that you could just walk away from Umbrella and forget it?" He told us without any emotions in his voice.

Mom turned her gaze to us "Sara Veronica get out of the house and run as far away as you can!" She told us sternly "This man is dangerous so I don't want him to get you two, run!"

Sara took my arm in her hand and started to run with me beside her, we get out through the big window near the sink.

When were out we get to the car, me driving, and when I was about to start the car I heard gun shots.

"Leave her alone you mother fu- *Kick, Pang* AHHH!" I heard mom getting punched and shot to death.

Sara screamed, crying hysterical "Start the car Veronica! He's a damn freak and were his next target" She told me in panic.

I nodded, getting the car on, and drove us away. I drived very fast, not caring if any cops noticed me doing it, and tried to think of some place to drive to when suddendly... A car hit us.

*Screee- BANG*

The car got smashed and both of us screamed when the car came.

I flew through the front window, onto the street, and Sara got stuck in the smashed car. I felt my whole body hurt, bones being broken and out of places, and big wound on my head. I felt blood seep out of it and heard, for some strange reason, something come out of it and fall to the ground with a cling. My eyes were closed so I couldn't see what it was, it could be anything... like glass.

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling dizzy, to see what it was and when I saw it... I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was a bullet, old and rusty, covered in blood and something else. It's green and, if I'm not wrong, making the road melt at touch.

I wealky reached my uninjured hand to pick it up, not knowing why I wanted to, and when I had it in my hand I started to pass out. But I suddendly started to hear a strange, and a little worried, female voice in my head.

"Don't worry, I make sure you get better... I can heal your body" It said *Our connection is not disconnected anymore so we are back as one again.... We are Veronica X and we are back to get revenge on those who have hurted us and made us forget.*Hissing* Umbrella and Wesker will pay for their crimes, but first... I need to fix a thing"

When the voice was done talking I felt my whole body spasm and burn as if I just walked through fire. Bones cracking, blood boiling, head hurting and my heart beating faster for the minute.

I felt something slither down my spine, as if a snake was inside it and slithering down through it, and my tailbone started to grow out, making me scream in bloody pain because of the unbearable pain. I heard a hiss and the pain stopped, my body was still on fire, and noticed someone looking down at me.

I looked up weakly to see who it was but when I did it I almost screamed because of what I was seeing. It's some kind of skinless snake that is covered in blood and got no eyes but a mouth full of sharp teeth. The snake put its head against my head and I hear the female voice talk again.

"You don't need to get scared, I'm your friend. I'm X and I have been hidden away from you for a long time Veronica, but now we are to together again and I will talk to you again after we are healed" She told me calmly.

I tried to say something but I started to lose consciousness so I couldn't talk back, the snake disappeared and I felt my spine shiver again when it is gone. I heard a ambulance arrive and people screaming, was it that bad? A guy got down beside me and tried to say something but I passed out before he said anything.

End of chapter 1.