[ chapter 18 ] - [ A Bond Like No Other ]

Start from the beginning

Valt pursed his lips before nodding, "R-Right! You're right!"

"[First name]!" Tokonatsu yells from the sidelines as you turn to face the boy. "Tell Valt to drink this!" He had a water bottle in his grasp before throwing it to you. Quick reflexes came in and you caught it with one hand. Strangely you had a feeling Valt would dunk it over his head rather than actually drinking it. Still, you handed it over to him either way.

He practically did as you assumed.

"Now I'm refreshed!" He says before jumping back on his feet.

"Are you ready?" The referee asks.

"Yes," Shu responds.

"Let's do it!" Valt says.

You only smiled before transforming right back.

A sword and a scythe.

Just as you could've sworn you saw the look of panic on Spriggan's face, you were instantly thrown back by the collision of the metals hitting each other. Spriggan dragged his scythe along the floor before throwing up three fire slashes in your direction.

You bit your lip before using your sword to quickly pivot to the side by thrusting it deep into the ground and swerving to the right. Tucking in your hands to narrowly avoid the attack, you smiled with eager eyes as soon as you looked at Spriggan—who smiled back.

You slid against the ground briefly to avoid another attack and immediately went to grab your sword. Pulling it from the ground, you dart forward at the awaiting Beyblade. Spriggan does his previous attack again and again, yet as you begin to spin and swing, your sword had gotten through the fire attacks with little to no trouble.

The blue spheres from the walls wrapped around your sword and, just as you thought you were winning, you were too blinded by the fact you were heading towards your death trap.

Just as you two were face-to-face, Spriggan smiles manically. You didn't pay much attention to this before you slashed Spriggan's torso, successfully shoving him back. Yet—your eyes widened at the sudden change of attitude and watched helplessly while Spriggan spins his scythe behind him. Within mere seconds, Spriggan knocks the sword out of your hand and thrusts his weapon deep into your abdomen.

It stuck out behind you.

It all happened so fast. You didn't even notice that you two were already behind the red line since you had already dispersed into dust.

"[First name] Bursts!"

"It's over! With a Burst Finish, Spriggan gets two points! The total is three points!" The host's voice echoes throughout the place. He was barely audible over the cheers and people clapping. "It's three points to zero. With overwhelming strength, Kurenai Shu wins!" However, something became clear as soon as the host's voice calms down. The crowd followed shortly after. "He. . .huh?"