Thought Eight. - A Few Hours In Jones' Shoes.

Start from the beginning

Damn, I'm good.

She finally pulls the remaining drape to the side, allowing me to see her face as she steps out of the tent and into the dark night. 

This is the longest night ever.

Exhaustion is dawning on me quite quickly. 

The woman is Zabella, of course. The gypsy 'mother' - a leader of sorts. 

She appears beautiful, alluring, but I'm smart enough to see past these things. Gypsies are noting but enchantments in flesh, trying to bait their next prey. 

"Zabella." I nod in greeting. 

"Jones." She smiles her delicious smile, and throws in a wink. 

Gross.

Perhaps if I wasn't aware of what she really is and really looks like - I'd jump on that. 

But not with the knowledge I have about her. 

Not happening. 

She must understand my expression of utter disgust and get the point, because she moves on with our little conversation, placing one hand on her braided her, and the other on her small hip. 

"What is it that you want Jones?" She is impatiently tapping her foot on the dirt ground, which makes me sort of pissed. 

I'm the one that's starving, saving some guy I don't even know, and I'm the one having to face a disgusting, good for nothing gypsy

At least she gets the pleasure of looking at my handsome face that isn't going to peel away at any moment.

This is all real, baby.

"I need the boy, Neven." 

Zabella quirks her eyebrow and gives me a sideways grin. 

That would be so sexy, if she wasn't an ugly hag of a monster under all of that. 

Just my luck. 

"Neven?" 

"You speak french? Oui! Neven. The boy you probably enchanted to make him stay with you."

Gypsies remind me of big spiders. Their tent, is their web. You enter, you risk being stung and enchanted, leaving you dazed and oblivious as they secure you in their web. 

"What do you want with my boy?" 

"I need him." 

"Well, if you need him, perhaps there should be a price on his head." She rubs her pointer finger and her thumb together, indicating a reward. 

"A price?" I allow the rage and instinct to take over my mind and body. I feel my face scrunch in anger, and hear my voice go an octave lower, as I release an angry hiss towards the gypsy. 

Her face stays amused. She thinks it's funny to piss off a vampire, and send him into overdrive? 

I can see red all around her, like the haze of fury that engulfs me right at this moment. 

"Well you didn't come here thinking that I'd just give him up, did yo-"

Before she can complete her question, her eyes are bulging from the amount of pressure I continue to place on her neck as I strangle her. 

I would eat her if I wasn't sure that she would poison me. 

A putrid smell erupts from her as I continue to squeeze, tighter and tighter.