“You know… Ray stuff happened here, Mikey and Alicia drama stuff happened here – involving Hope, now Gerard and Hope are making googly eyes at each other!” Frank giggled, “Are you going out yet?”

“Firstly – NO! Secondly – At least I got Mikey to ask out Alicia, me and Gerard are just having a civilised chat… and, Ray stuff? What?” I asked – genuinely not remembering what ‘drama’ happened between me and Ray.

“Uhm… when you got angry?” Frank recalled – chuckling at the moment.

“Oh,” I responded – remembering how I was pissed at Gerard and Lindsey – and how I had snapped at Ray, “Sorry.” I smiled meekly.

“Well, at least Hope got me and Mikes together!” Alicia chipped in excitedly.

“Never thought I’d see the day where Mikey’s got a girl before me.” Gerard muttered sadly – causing the room to erupt in fits of laughter. Mikey stuck his tongue out at Gerard – before going back to focus on Alicia.

“Err… are you going to practise?” Ray asked – strumming on his guitar, shortly Mikey followed on his Bass and Frank picked up his Rhythm Guitar – Gerard’s vocals came shortly after.

Me, Jamia, Alicia and Lindsey were transfixed on the lyrics, it was the same song I had heard only a few days ago… remember that embarrassing incident? Yeah… the garage thing.

“You're not in this alone, let me break this awkward silence, let me go. Go on record, be the first to say I'm sorry, hear me out, and if you take me down, or would you lay me out, and if the world needs something better, let's give them one more reason now, now, now…” Gerard sung the first lines, I felt myself singing along – remembering how much I had enjoyed and loved this song before.

“We walk in single file; we light our rails and punch our time, ride escalators colder than a cell…” I sung along – putting effort into it, just like Gerard.

“How do you know the words?” Lindsey whispered – so as not to put the boy’s off.

“Heard him sing it before.” I smiled, enjoying the song; Gerard was smirking at me, encouraging me to sing along. Yeah, my voice isn’t that bad, you know.

“C’mon Hope!” Gerard shouted, I got up and sang into the microphone that Gerard was holding.

“This broken city sky like butane on my skin stolen from my eyes. Hello Angel, tell me where are you, tell me where we go from here…” It was like a duet – a hard-core duet – but still a duet. I and Gerard sang like the world depended on it. I have to give credit to Mikey, Ray and Frank – they played so well – even without a drummer.

Gerard and I finished off the song – I had to give myself a little credit, I had only listened to this song once – yet the catchy, powerful lyrics had stuck in my head, I knew every word.

Claps escalated around the room;

“That. Was. Amazing!” Lindsey looked wide-eyed – blown away because of their band.

“You guys are amazing; My Chemical Romance is going to get far.” I smiled, hugging Gerard so tightly; my happiness sometimes gets the better of me. Jamia walked up to Frank – kissing him right on the lips in front of everyone.

“Thanks, Hope!” The boys chorused.

“I never knew you could sing so well!” Gerard exclaimed – still breathless from his practise.

“Best practise so far, you’re amazing Hope.” Ray smiled, strumming lightly on his guitar. Alicia hugged Mikey – I think it’s fair to say we were all amazed, be it by the band, or the fact I could sing.