chapter xvi

Chapter 15

They Don’t Believe In Us

That night after an endless supply of DVD’s and candy everyone settled down – yawning or in Franks case screaming.

“TOMMORROW IS A NEW DAY! FORGET TODAY!” Everyone including myself gave Frank ‘WTF’ looks.

“Frank, what are you even singing?” Gerard sighed impatiently.

“TOMMORROW IS A NEW DAY! FORGET TODAY!” Frank totally ignored Gerard and kept singing whatever he had decided to make up.

“Frank,” Ray said sharply.

“Yes?” He replied innocently.

“Shut up.” I giggled to myself, thinking over today’s antics. If I forgot all about Ray and Bree I could kid myself that today was an okay day.

“Fine.” He pouted and crossed his arms, snuggling into his sleeping bag and looking like a puffy slug hidden under his big sleeping bag.

I felt my head hit the pillow as the room went silent. Finally peace an-

“I CAN’T SLEEP!” Frank cried right in my ear. It would have been a whisper to anyone else who didn’t have his mouth pressed against their ear.

“Ugh, go bother someone else.” I moaned stuffing my head into the pillow – faking snores.

“Everyone else is asleep.”

“Even Jamia?” I pulled a face.

“Even Jamia…” He replied, pulling me out of the sleeping bag.

“Frank! What are you doing?” I swatted him away, “Go,” I interrupted my sentence with a yawn. “Wake someone else up.”

“Hope, please? I’ll never get to sleep unless you come into my sleeping bag.” He rubbed his eyes looking so cute, but of course the way I was being dragged across the floor kind of ruined the description of cute.

“But why?” I whined, trying not to wake anyone else up.

“It’s very lonely sleeping alone. The sleeping bag is too big; I need someone to fill it up.” He whined, his tone matching mine.

“Damn, you’re too persuasive,” I giggled, “But don’t try anything, okay? Won’t Jamia mind?” I frowned, not wanting to give anyone the wrong idea.

“No, she won’t mind.” Frank grinned happily, settling into his sleeping bag, pulling me down with him.

I must admit with Frank’s giant sleeping bag we fit perfectly next to each other. I shifted my weight,

“Frank, you know that you’re the best friend ever.” I smiled goofily, closing my eyes.

“Thank you, Hope, I love you.” Frank giggled gleefully, I cracked open one eye to see his hand stuffed in the candy bowl, and lollipop hung from his mouth. Chuckling slightly I felt my eyelids go heavy, as I was dragged away to a dream world.

“Gee? Lindsey? You are getting married?” My voice sounded slurred to my ears, my vision was blurry but somehow I knew Gerard and Lindsey where getting married.

“Kiss the bride!” I raised my voice, looking around to find myself dressed as the Vicar to the wedding - Ray, Mikey, Frank, Bree, Alicia, and Jamia where all sitting down, watching as Gerard and Lindsey kissed.

“Oh no!” My voice imitated Bruce’s from Family Guy, Gerard and Lindsey, as well as all my friends sitting in the pews –watching- where all slowly disappearing.