chapter xii

Chapter 11

They Don’t Believe In Us

We arrived at the music block with plenty of time to spare – I managed to get everyone off my case after insisting to Alicia, Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Ray and Lindsey I was fine, and the pestering didn’t stop there – Jamia was also eager to know what was going on.

“Mikey and Alicia are going out…” I murmured.

“No, I want to know what’s happening with you!” Jamia laughed – hugging me.

I loved getting hugged when I was sad.

Mikey strummed on his Bass, Alicia was laughing at something he had said – they were such a cute couple! Frank was also on his rhythm guitar; Lindsey was listening, probably thinking of her band, Mindless Self Indulgence… something like that. I on the other hand was being poked by Jamia, wanting to know – but I wouldn’t tell anyone.

“Life’s a bitch, Jamia. Life’s a bitch…” I sniffed, that was a pretty weird thing to say to someone I don’t even know very well, she probably thinks I’m a messed up, crying freak!

“Hope…” Gerard trailed over, pulling me to the side of the room.

“Uhm, Mikey told me that y-you where… jealous? Of me and Lyn?” Gerard bent down to my level – a serious look on his frowning face. I muttered all the curses I could remember in that awkward few seconds.

“I’m going to kill that bitch.” I muttered under my breath – sending daggers to Mikey.

“Oh, if looks could kill,” Frank laughed, see!? I told you he notices everything… everything. I did my shifty eyes – once I was sure everything was clear I turned my attention back to Gerard.

“It’s not jealousy!” Gerard raised an eyebrow – the sassy little fucker!

“Oh.” Gerard stated sarcastically, “No, it’s just… I’ve never really had awesome friends.” I blushed – almost hoping he didn’t catch that. Yeah, I embarrassed myself too someti- okay, most of the time...

“Oh, s-sorry Hope, I didn’t know.” Gerard said softly,

“Oh, so you did realise that you ‘lost’ me?” I crossed my arms, willing myself not to laugh.

“I’m sorry Hope! Me and Lindsey, I-I like her!”

“Okay, okay, look I’m not jealous! But, you even said yourself you wouldn’t leave me – like I said you would. I like having friends.” I laughed as Gerard pouted.

“Look, we all fine now? You don’t really hate Lindsey?” He hugged me again, and I didn’t feel a thing, no attraction or anything. I and Gerard are friends. F. R. I. E. N. D. S. – Okay?!

“I don’t hate her, but I didn’t want my friends taken away, it’s all fine, Geebear!” I smirked – deciding to tease him further with the nick-name.

“Awh, Hope! Come to the Music block every lunch and break – the band will be here and Jamia, Lindsey, bring Emily too?” I nodded; nothing could control this giant grin from slipping off my face.

“Is this like the drama room or something? I’d rather it to be drama free!” Frank exclaimed.

“Frank, in case you didn’t realise – we are in a music room, music!” Gerard laughed, Frank sighed.

“Nooo, I mean; everything happens here. Mostly involving Hope, you know?” Frank glanced around – expecting everyone to understand.

“No?” I questioned, “Yeah, what you on, Frank?” Lindsey laughed.