Canary patted Artemis on her shoulder and she went back to the outer ring, Wally said something stupid and Artemis smacked his arm while Robin sniggered. Was that it? No life threatening situations or unexpected attacks? What kind of training was this?

"Right, now pair up and practice, later I want to see some melee attacks as well. This is not just about the flip, it's about how to apply the flip during a fight. If you see an opening, take it." Canary announced, the teens split up and were in different areas around the circle.

Robin and Wally were partners while the girls practiced together and Connor and Kaldur started circling each other. Danny watched in fascination, they were all doing it together but different. Canary walked between pairs and gave advice where it was needed. Robin learned how to judo flip people a long time ago, this was just polishing his skills. Wally? Not so much. He hit the floor more times than he could count.

Canary even had to intervene and force Robin to let Wally flip him. After Wally finally got Robin on his back Canary told everyone to start sparring like normal but use the flip when they could.

"So why is he important?" Wally asked as he and Robin circled each other. Both wearing frowns of concentration.

"I don't think right now is a good time to talk about him." Robin lunged a fist into Wally's face but the speedster dodged and swiped a right hook at him, Robin easily danced out of the way.

"Why not?" This time Wally attacked first and tried to grab him so he could flip him but Robin grabbed him and flipped him instead. Landing with another thud Wally was sure he was going to have a bruise on his back for how many times he landed there.

Robin leaned over him and held out his hand, "it's complicated, not exactly sparing conversation material." He helped Wally up and the speedster frowned.

"Fine." He grudgingly got into his stance after rubbing his back for the millionth time that day.

Robin swiftly entered his stance and sent a round of fists flying at the speedster's abdomen, Wally dodged but one broke his defense and his breath left him. Wally did a leg sweep that Robin barely jumped over, he landed awkwardly and his arms windmilled to keep his balance. That gave Wally enough time to reclaim his breath and he tackled Robin.

Robin fell and landed with an 'oomph'. Wally smiled triumphantly standing over his freind. "Ha! Now you're on the ground." Robin propped himself up with his arms behind him and frowned.

"Yeah, but you didn't flip me, you could have totally flipped me while I was distracted." Wally shrugged, still smiling, it was not often that Wally got the better of Robin. He helped Robin up and they started again.

"You're not one for superstition are you?" Robin asked, Wally cocked his head to the side. Besides being an odd question Robin should already know his thoughts about superstition.

"Well duh, but you already know that." Wally said, Robin thrusted a fist to his face but he dodged by moving his head to the left.

Robin followed through with a jab to his gut, Wally stepped back and did another leg sweep. Robin jumped quickly and swept Wally's still outstretched leg. Wally nearly did the splits, he fell onto his side and stomach.

"Yeah but I'm think more specifically ghosts." Robin said as Wally turned to sit on his butt.

"Hey, you didn't flip me that time." Wally complained and rubbed his tender stomach. "Why specifically ghosts?" He grabbed Robin's hand and the boy wonder lifted him up.

"Well, it has something to do with Phantom." Robin said, sending a glance over Wally's shoulder to the huddled form next to the wall.

"Yeah Phantom is a peculiar name, it's not his real name is it?" Wally said, also turning to look at the kid. Canary stepped in silently behind them and slapped them both upside the head.