New phone

After arguing a few more times, Wu Ming Er started to be serious. He almost forgot to ask about Gu Wang Yi after the call ended.

"He said that he is at the hospital ? He got sick for real ah ?"

"No. He wasn't sick but he won't tell me the reason why. Why don't you ask him ? Maybe he will say something if it was you"

Wu Ming Er scoffed at that suggestion. He really can't read between the lines as he replied to Lin Ka Ye.

"He won't. If he didn't answer when you asked, then there is no point in me asking again"

Lin Ka Ye stared at Wu Ming Er blankly. He didn't know if this person infront of him really was just too dense or purposely acting blind. As far as he know, Gu Wang Yi already make it seems obvious that he likes Wu Ming Er. His action of dilly dallying just now, was only to play hard to get with Wu Ming Er. Gu Wang Yi probably wants Wu Ming Er to ask him about it himself.
Lin Ka Ye sighed thinking that Gu Wang Yi still has a long way to go.

"I heard that he bought a new phone for you ?"

Wu Ming Er simply hummed. He was still burdened by the fact that Gu Wang Yi likes spending his money on him. About the phone, although Gu Wang Yi refused to accept, he still said that he will pay him back once he get enough money. It is already enough that Gu Wang Yi always pay for his food. Anyway, he can't make Gu Wang Yi spend too much money on him.

(Whats wrong if hubby spend money on wifey. GWY was glad to do so though)

"Why don't you make it useful then ?"

"Huh ?"

"Give Gu Wang Yi a call with your new phone"

Seeing that Wu Ming Er still didn't make any move. Lin Ka Ye sighed at him. Is it because the later was shy or something, he wasn't sure but he will not give up either.

"How about a text then ? Still can't do it ? Are you even a man ah Xiao Wu ?"

Wu Ming Er frowned hearing that but this time, he take out the phone that Gu Wang Yi gave him. One can see that he rarely touched the phone by the way he keep on fumbling with it. After a few minutes, he put the phone on the table with a satisfied expression.

"What did you said to him ?"

"I said hi"

"......"

Lin Ka Ye didn't want to believe when he heard it at first. But after checking the phone and saw the  '2-alphabets text', he didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"You took a few minutes just to type this ?"

"Not my fault. The keypad was weird and I'm not used to it yet"

This time, Lin Ka Ye really had to 'face-palm' himself.
He was still holding the phone when a new message come in.
He opened the text and read it out loud for Wu Ming Er.

"He said hi too. You got the same 2-alphabets text back, congratulation ah"

"He only said hi ?"

"What do you expect from brother Gu then ?"

(I also face-palm myself 🤦🏻‍♀️)

*****
Gu Wang Yi stared at his phone for awhile. Just now when Lin Ka Ye called him, he already felt calm a bit hearing that Wu Ming Er was fine.
When he got the text, he didn't expect it to be from Wu Ming Er at all. He much more didn't expect the text to be that short.
Only one word, 2 alphabets, yet it managed to make him stunned.

Since the moment that he walked away from Wu Ming Er yesterday, he can't stopped himself from feeling guilty and worried. He know that it was stupid of him for forgetting about Wu Ming Er's illness. He wasn't being careful and ended up hurting Wu Ming Er. Truthfully, he shouldn't have acted that way just because he saw Wu Ming Er interacting with a girl. He shouldn't be so unreasonable like that. He regret everything that happened yesterday and wished that he could turn back time.
He sighed again for the nth times that day.

After some time, he quickly typed a reply and send it. After all, it was Wu Ming Er's first attempt at messaging him. It is good enough even though it could be longer than a simple 'hi'.
After sending a reply, Gu Wang Yi simply put his phone back in his pocket, knowing that his name will be called by the nurse soon.

It is his first time to be in that room. To be seated infront of the familiar plain looking person wearing a long white coat is also a first for him. Dr. Cheng has been trying to make him joined his session since a year ago.
Dr. Cheng is a member of National Tobacco Cessation Programme (NTCP) that holds campaign around China to help young smokers and pregnant smokers quit. When the campaign was held at Kuang Hwa Private School a year ago, Gu Wang Yi was listed to take the counseling session yet he never go. Even after that day, Dr. Cheng still didn't stop and kept on inviting him to come.

"I'm glad that you decided to come, young man"

"I have a friend that has an asthma"

Dr. Cheng smiled at him kindly. He still remembered Gu Wang Yi from a year ago. The amount that he smoked everyday was the most alarming. He was devastated when Gu Wang Yi didn't come to his session. A person so young like Gu Wang Yi, with that huge amount of cigarettes that he smoked everyday, he was afraid that Gu Wang Yi's body won't last long.
So, he really want to help Gu Wang Yi to quit smoking.

"This time, I really want to quit"

Gu Wang Yi said full of confidence. He didn't care about anything else. This time he really is determined to quit smoking. He won't make the same mistake twice. He must do this in order not to hurt Wu Ming Er again.

*****

GWY decided to quit smoking y'all. I'm so proud of him :)