"I guess," Aurora responded, and then said to me, "I'm just looking out for you. I saw what happened with Sawyer, and you don't deserve to go through something that painful again. Not this soon." Aurora reached her hand across the table and grabbed mine. "But I will support you if she makes you happy."

"Thank you," I whispered and squeezed her hand. Sophie smiled at me.

"She's a great girl, once you peel back all those layers. But, if there's a person to do that, it would be you, Emery."

"Just please be careful," Aurora added again. Carmilla shot her an exasperated look.

"If she hurts you," Carmilla spoke up from her spot next to me, "I believe we all reserve the right to egg her house or something equally as childish and vengeful." The three girls nodded in agreement.

"Grayson?" I said realizing he hadn't said anything yet.

"So," He said after his long bout of silence, "that's why you rejected me."

"Um, well, not entirely--"

"No, no, I get it. It's because I don't have long flowing red hair, right? Ugh, I knew I should've dyed it, something about you screamed 'I love redheads,'" He said a small grin peeking through his facade.

"I think it's because you don't have the right...plumbing," Carmilla said chuckling at his antics.

"I don't love redheads," I grumbled. "I just like Violet." Everyone laughed and Carmilla slung her around my shoulder giving me a half-hug.

"We know, hun, and we all support you, right people?" A chorus of agreements and affirmations surrounded me making a smile break across my face. I felt my anxiety wash away with the happy grins they were all sending my way.

Just then our waiter came back with our french fries and milkshakes. He set them down on the table and disappeared with a half-hearted, "enjoy."

"I, personally, am just happy you were able to get over Sawyer," Aurora admitted after the waiter was gone. "To see you this happy again, it's relieving."

"Agreed," Carmilla said.

"Here, here!" Grayson shouted, lifting his strawberry milkshake up. We all clinked glasses enthusiastically before delving into the treats in front of us. I picked up a french fry and dipped it into my vanilla shake.

"And I'm the one with gross taste in food," Grayson mumbled before sipping eagerly at his strawberry shake.

"Everyone knows salty and sweet is the best combination," I answered back.

"She's right," Aurora agreed, dipping a fry in her vanilla shake.

"It's even better when you're on your period," Carmilla added.

"They're not wrong," Sophie said. Both her and Carmilla dipped fries into their chocolate shakes. Us four girls all let our simultaneous moans of delight.

"I hate you all," Grayson grumbled pouting dramatically. We all laughed at him while he sulked and drank his milkshake. I was glad all my friends got along, not that I doubted they would. Grayson and Carmilla are so much alike with their sassy attitude and carefree nature. It was nice to just sit and enjoy their company without much drama. Aurora and I were talking across the table about our college level European History test tomorrow. She seemed confident, but I, on the other hand, was panicking. I had been so wrapped up in my feelings for Violet that I hadn't even studied yet. To say the least, I was royally screwed.

We all went our separate ways not long after we finished off the fries and another round of milkshakes. I hugged Aurora, Carmilla, and Sophie before letting Grayson drive me home - my car was in the shop, the problem was more than he could handle himself. When he dropped me off, he leaned over the console and gave me a tight hug.