Chapter 1: Little Girl

Tattered black t shirt, no shoes, dirtied dark brown hair and greenish yellow eyes walking down the streets of darkened Seattle, Washington. Little Silvia had been abandoned by her drunkard parents three years ago. She had gone to an orphanage when she was five that she had wandered upon, but the woman running the orphanage was cruel and a drunkard as well. The red headed dastardly woman would go out drinking with her friends every night and yell at the fifteen children there when she got back at four in the morning. One time she even slapped Silvia across the face leaving scratch mark across her left cheek from the woman's long nails.

The woman would come back drunker than a sailor who had been out for months. Bringing her long lanky body and bright red high heels with the typical short red dress that she always failed to wash, but instead made the orphans do so. Silvia decided to leave when the woman was out one night drinking and the other orphans were asleep in the cramped room built for no more than ten, but it was all the woman could afford for she would spend her money on frivolity such as beer.

Siliva now got her clothes from stealing in the lost in found, from thrift shops, or found them just laying around. Her food she would find out of garbage cans, she refused to sit and beg. However, on occasion some good doers would give her a few dollars to get something to nourish herself.

Having no money on her she would never be afraid of muggers, but it was murderers she was most scared of. One night she was sleeping in her cardboard box and found it being turned over and stabbed at numerous times, and a devious man laughing in the background. When a mugger would come by seeing that Silvia was so vunerable, the mugger would take her by the arm and demand money. When they found out she had none they would push her to the side and run off.

Now living in the streets for three years Siliva learned a thing or two, and only being eight years old. She never had good dreams, but when she did so they were all she had to keep her content. When she would lose a tooth she would do the same as all the little children of the world, but since she had no pillow she put it beside her head, and to her surprise would see a quarter by her head the next morning. She would take that quarter and go buy a simple piece of bubble gum to treat herself, or she would keep a secret storage of quarters in the wall behind a brick so no one could find them.

On the frosty days and nights she would gather wood and she learned to make a fire by fellow homeless men and women who were kind to her. She didn't favor the frost mainly because being outside it was hard to stay warm for very long, and the fire would gather indecent guests. Silvia never believed in the Easter Bunny, or Santa Clause because never once had she went on an Easter Egg Hunt, or had gotten one single Christmas present.

One cold October night little Silvia was cuddled in her newly found blanket. Although it had a few holes it still managed to keep some of her warm. Her toes would stay curled within the bottoms of her feet and her eyes downcast so she didn't feel the blustery wind. One thing she had always prayed for was a strange prayer, but to be noticed. She no longer wanted to be the no body on the streets of Seattle, Washington. Nobody ever believed she could, but she never got the motivation to begin with.

That next morning she decided to go to her secret hideaway  where she had kept all of her past quarters and loose change she had found. Making sure no one followed her she felt around for the loose brick and pulled it away smiling at all the $4.00 she had saved up. Since it was a cold day she decided to go to a coffee shop and get a small hot chocolate and a day old cookie. With the tiniest amount of change in her pocket she walked through the alleys and to the park.

Sitting on the swing set she noticed a girl and boy about her age and smiled at them, but they did not smile back, instead the little boy helped the little girl off the swing and left. Taking a sip of her hot chocolate she held it in her hands contemplating down at it. There were very few people at the park that day, but no one cared to see little Silvia. She didn't have adoption on the list for fear that her new parent(s) might be a drunkard, mugger, or a murderer. 

She often had nightmares of the night being almost stabbed in the box, or being mugged for what little change she had in her pocket, and if any. Getting off the swing she started to walk towards the alley way only to find a big hefty man clad in black leather clothing and a knife approaching her swiftly. Silvia gripped what was left of her hot chocolate as the man grabbed her arm demanding money. Silvia squeaked, "I don't have any money sir."

The man would just scowl as his bald head seemed to give him a more menacing appearance. His teeth gleamed in a mix between yellow and light brown, "You bought that drink little girl now give me what you have!" He whipped out the knife in her face.

Struggling to get what money she did have out the man quickly took it, looked around, and pushed her down running off. Spilling the rest of her hot chocolate she stared at her dirty feet, "At least I got something..." She muttered. Brushing herself up she got up and headed back towards the park to the slide. Evening was wavering in the air as she decided to go to the slide and stay in the little compartment before you would go down the slope.

Did she dare go to the alley again, or what if she met that same man and he asked for money she did not have this time. Shivering a little she brought her knees up to her chest, and her brown hair hanging in her face, "I have to stay strong..." She whispered. 

The sky was clear for a change as the Space Needle lit up the sky amongst other tall buildings. Cars rushed in the streets as she heard dogs barking and cats screeching. Car alams went off and people yelled and cursed. This never bothered Silvia, she was used to it. The only thing that she thought was she had nothing to loose, except a few cents, but she paid more attention to living, not making one.

There was one thing that she did not expect, and that was cops surveying in the park. She thought that crime rate must have gone up lately. Staying hidden in the compartment to the slide wasn't enough. A cop flashed his light on her and called out, "Hey, you little girl get out of here!" Quickly sliding down the slide in a panic the cop said, "You need to be in an orphanage, not in a park!"

Breathing heavily as she ran, Silvia cried out, "No, not again! No more drunkards!" The cop was advancing however on little Silvia who's feet could not keep up with the officers, no matter how big he was. Silvia noticed a shadow quickly skim across the park and right in front of the officer. The cop's eyes widened in fear as he hit the ground staring up at a large black slinder figure that towered above him, yellow eyes glaring at him.

Silvia turned around because she heard the cop fall all of a sudden, but her eyes met up with the back of a  tall and black shadow. The cop would just cower, "Please, don't hurt me!"

The shadow would just crack a devious smile, "You fear me, this is wise..."

Silvia just stared up at the figure wondering who this was. This was no ordinary man, and why would he save her?