thirteen - a new universe

Começar do início

"You know why, Fury." I poke awkwardly at the side of his desk before seriousness creeps up onto my expression, "There are questions I have and he's the only one with the answers. If I don't get these answers, Fury," my voice is soft and shaky as I whisper, "my head is going to explode!"

He stares at me.

"Please," I beg, "I-I think the Tesseract is still in my head and I want, no, I need to get it out. Come on!"

"You know the last time I let you talk to that maniac, your father about attempted murder in the first degree."

"Which is why my father is never going to find out about this."

He contemplates this just as he contemplates me. His dark eye squints a bit and I try my best to look like the confident, unwavering Stark child I should be. Whatever he's looking for, apparently he finds it because he gives a curt nod and stands. I follow his broad shoulders down long hallways until I reach a containment cell that is much different than the one Loki was being held in earlier. Apparently, they've sort of lost faith in the whole glass prison cell thing. I mean, if they'd have watched Silence of the Lambs, then they'd know that the villains who are put into glass cells always get out. I mean, come on, Guys. I keep telling Dad and just about everyone that movies teach us very important life lessons. They don't really take me or my movie references seriously.

Uncultured swine... There I go again.

Fury suddenly stops outside a large metal door, guarded by just as large heavily-armed agents. He turns to me and then squints at me once more, as if double checking to make sure I'm still whatever it is he thinks I am. My nervousness fades away just for a moment as aggravation takes its place. I roll my eyes and put my hands on my hips, waiting for him to quit analyzing and to just let me into the cell. 

He then nods slightly to the agents standing around, "You got any problems and you just hollar, they'll hear you."

I nod curtly, trying to not show any fear on my face.

"And don't get any stupid ideas, Kid."

"Stupid ideas?" My brows furrow as my voice takes on a confused tone, "Stupid ideas about what?"

"You kill him and we'll know. We have a monitor on him to make sure he remains breathing while in our custody."

My eyes widen in shock, "I wouldn't kill him, Fury!"

"Good," he walks by me, saying over his shoulder, "Don't get yourself hurt, Miss. Stark."

I smirk, playfully calling back, "Aww, Furry, is that concern I hear?"

"The world already almost lost one Stark this week." He responds dryly, "I'm not sure the tabloids could handle losing two."

"Wow. Real nice." I huff and roll my eyes before my gaze lands back on the looming prison door.

Pursing my lips, I swallow hard and then, without a second thought, swiftly open the prison door. As I step into the cold space, I allow myself to look around, not really ready to look at the other person in the cell just yet. The room is much darker than his other cell was, especially once the door closes behind me. The walls are covered in very thick metal and they seem to be dimly glowing with electricity. My brows furrow as I walk closer to one of the walls, studying the volts that sail a few inches above the metal's surface.

"I've been informed by your director-,"

I whirl around to face Loki as he sits in the corner with his hands tightly shackled to the floor. I knew he was being restrained, but this just makes me think he's being treated like some sort of animal. Then again, I wouldn't exactly trust him after all the crap he's pulled either. After all, he did try to enslave us all so I mean, it's kinda fair.