Chapter 1!

Chapter 1:

I could hear the birds chirping as I wake up and open my eyes to the sun shining out of my window. One thing I definitely did not like was being woken up by a person or something or just anything And having my sleep being disturbed by reality.

It was the morning I was leaving to college. With mixed emotions tying around my stomach like a knot too hard to ignore. I knew I wasn’t ready. Or was it just that I didn’t want to go. Yup that’s exactly what it was. As I get up from my comfortable bed, that I will be missing and have had my whole life spent on, I hear the door crack open slowly.

*knock* Knock*

It was my mom walking in with the biggest smile on the face of the planet.

‘’Good Morning Pumpkin! .’’ She said as she walked toward my bed.

I stared at her for a good 5 minutes silent. Why? Because I hated the way my mom used little kid names to cheer me up. Not to forget she used to do that to me every time she used to drop me off from school in the mornings and had wished I had my own car.

‘’Aren’t You just excited Zoey’’ My mom exclaimed with her vibrant apron on.

‘’Yea I am’’ I replied.

I was lying, in reality I wasn’t.

‘’Good, I made some breakfast for you when your ready.’’ She said.

She Bought It.

She walked out my room and as she did I threw myself back into my bed. Staring at my white wall thinking. Something that I tend to do when I just have a lot on my mind. The only reason why I lied to her was only because I wanted her to think I was happy.  All I ever really wanted to do was just stay in bed and watch tv shows and movies on Netflix. But sadly my parents want to torture me by making me go to MORE school.

I got up and grabbed my towel to go take a hot shower. I liked hot showers to clear my mind from things. Especially because I needed something to take my mind off of the things. I even put some music while I go in the shower. I’m a music lover in case you didn’t know. I mean come on who doesn’t love music. Some of my favorite bands are like the XX or the neighborhood. I’m also like any other basic common white girl as you might see except without the Uggs. I also enjoy artists like Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato.

**Knock** 

‘’Zoey come on your going to be late on your first day” My mom said.

‘’Wouldn’t want that’’ I replied sarcastically.

As I turn off the water and dry myself I start putting on my outfit that I had picked last night. I tried to go for something comfortable and classy and a little girly. I took my hair out from my head towel  wrap to see my curls I did also last night. They turned out perfect. Besides the fact that I had a huge burn mark on my pinky from my curling wand.  As I quickly get ready hair, makeup, and all, I head downstairs for my breakfast. As I see my full plate of scrambled eggs and bacon with French toast on the side I see a note…..It’s from my Dad.

It says how he wishes he was here to share this special day with me and how he’s sorry for not being able to be here for me. Little did he know, to me it wasn’t so special. But I wish my dad was here at least he would calm me down and understand. He always has business trips in different parts of the world. Hope he’s having a good time in Dubai while I’m here to embark this hell hole of a journey.

‘’Your ready Zoe?’’ My mom came from behind me.

It looks like she was crying. I could see the puffiness in her eyes.

I walked towards her … ‘’M-mom are you okay?’’ I asked.

‘’Yeah no I’m fine I just get a little emotional that’s all’’ She replied.

I went in for a hug, Hugging her harder than I probably ever have, feeling every emotion coming off from her.

‘’Are you ready? I don’t want you to be late now’’ She said worrying as always.

‘’Yeah I’m ready…Ready to start this chapter of my life’’ I replied.

And this time I meant it. Only because I love my parents and all they want for me is the best. I mean that’s what all parents want. No matter what happens I still have a home to come too. I mean it’s not like I’m going to go and get drunk and party and have a boyfriend. I mean that’s such a complete joke. I’m an athlete. A 4x volleyball champion. Nothing’s going  to get in the way of that. As I say my goodbyes to my house and leave out the door knowing I won’t see it for like another 8 months the knots in my stomach only get worse. The start to a new chapter in my life. Now it’s time for me to start writing it.

                                                                      TOO BE CONTINUED…….