Chapter 1: Island Girl

I opened my eyes and stared at a blank night sky,  I coughed out the water from my mouth and my eyes turned to look at the scenery before me. I was in a strange plain island.

"W-where.. am I?" I got up to look around, confused. Before I can get far, a weird noise was heard.. I squinted my eyes at the blurry figure and there was a penguin that saluted at me. The thick animal suddenly ran to the opposite direction. It made loud noises as if it was calling for help. 

"Is she awake yet?" Then suddenly, a high-pitched feminine voice called out somewhere.

I looked at the direction of the voice,  before me was an eccentric girl with curly black hair. She had pale skin, black eyes, and wore golden hoop earrings. She sported a white jacket, white top under and a red skirt. She wore purple beads that was hanging on her neck. Beside her is an abnormally tall penguin that stood half the height of the girl. 

"Hey, Miss. Are you okay? My shinheuh found your body floating near the island. I thought it gave me a corpse for a second there." she joked. 

"W-what? Where are we? " My voice cracked as if I haven't talked for a long time. A migraine erupted in my brain when I tried to recall what happened. 

" You're a strange girl for surviving in the ocean there. To answer your question, we're currently in the Outer area of the Tower." The girl answered her question. 

I wish I knew what she was talking about. What did she mean by a tower?

"I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by tower, Aren't we in an island?" 

"Miss, I think you got some weird memory loss there. We are inside the tower.. But it has three other parts.. The inner, middle and outer area. We are in the place called the Outer Area which is away from the testing floors."

" Although, it is rare for low level regulars to get in this small island." She wonders, her eyebrows raising at my question. "Follow me to my hideout, I'll answer any questions you may have.."

" This is very confusing.. But yes, I am having a hard time in recalling my memories."

" But first, my name is Rin from the Lo Po Bia family and this Shinheuh of mine is Penny. How about you?" The black-haired girl questions as I followed beside her.

"Its.. Seo." A single name appeared in my head.

"How mysterious.. So, what happened to you, Ms. Seo? Was someone out to get you?" I looked down and was surprised at my bloodied gray dress that had dirt.

"Not many can survive floating on the water there.. you know. Only a few regulars know this deserted place." She says.

"Sorry.. I don't really remember how I ended up on the water or getting into fights." My head starting hurting again. 

" That's okay, hope you recover your memories soon. At the meantime, you can stay in my small base as you rest." Rin's eyesbrow was raised then smiles. 

I followed after her, hopefully she is trustworthy and not a kidnapper. 

****

A few hours has passed quickly after I met Rin and her penguin, there was still nothing I can recall from my throbbing head. In their company, Rin introduced Penny as her thick penguin which saved my life from drowning. She further explained that the penguin was called a special Shinheuh in the Penguin Branch of  the Lo Po Bia Family.

" Penny might look harmless and cute but they are very strong in battle!" Rin started retelling stories where many rankers underestimated them for being weak. " You should see their reaction, when my cute penguin drowned them.. HAHAHA!" Rin holds Penny in front of her like it was a toy.