"My brother invited me." She cleared her throat so she could speak louder, noticing the adults were back along with two people she did not recognize. "Tom — Voldemort, he invited me to spend the holidays there at the Malfoy Manor. Remus and I knew it was a set up, but I still went because I wanted to obtain information that I could report to you, sir." She lowered her head in embarrassment, knowing how foolish her spying mission was. Remus nodded his head in confirmation.

"An incredibly brave thing to do." Dumbledore nodded, motioning her to proceed.

"Voldemort was never there, sir. But there were about thirty Death Eaters at the Manor. Bellatrix Lestrange was in command, she locked me in a room for three days. Then she used the Imperius curse on me, made me talk to Oliver Abbott. Apparently he was in some sort of negotiation with the Selwyns, most likely about money. Voldemort isn't happy with Augustus Selwyn because he's asking too many questions." She recited the conversation from memory. "Then she — I — used the Cruciatus curse on him, sir." It still haunted Alexis to remember Oliver's face contorted with pain. A pain she was inflicting.

"How did you break the Imperius curse?" Lyall asked, Alexis could tell he'd gotten suspicious of her.

"Occlumency, sir. Tom taught me back when I was eleven, thought it would be helpful in the future."

Lyall gave a humorless laugh. "And how did you escape?"

"They went out for an attack tonight, leaving only Dolohov behind. I took my chance."

"Who was in the house?" The mysterious man who Alexis assumed was a ministry official questioned her.

"Only Dolohov and Bellatrix when I left. You see, they always travel in pairs or alone after an attack, they never travel in group. Some of the faces I was able to recognize were Nott, Rowle, Travers, Macnair, Rosier, Crabbe, the Carrows, and plenty others."

"That would be all, Ms. Riddle." Dumbledore nodded at the woman next to Euphemia, who approached Alexis and began looking after her wounds. Then, he turned to Lyall and the Ministry official. "Gentlemen, you have a location and the names."

"I'm going to give you a Sleeping Draught potion, dear, so you can rest now."

As soon as the liquid ran down her throat, Alexis was already fast asleep in the Potters' couch.

Even with a sore body and heavy eyelids, Alexis enjoyed how good it felt to be out of that dreadful place. She sighed with relief, sinking deeper into the comfortable bed. She opened her eyes slowly, getting slightly startled as she was met with James' hazel eyes staring down at her.

"James Fleamont Potter! Leave that girl alone, right now!"

"I'm just checking on her, Ma." James smirked. "See? You woke her up with your screaming."

If the clock next to her was right, it was now 9 am, which meant she'd slept all night. The room was full with the familiar faces from the previous night.

The Healer pushed James away to check on her. "How are you feeling, dear?"

"Much better. Still a little sore, though."

"Nothing a little rest won't solve. But other than that you're good as new!"

Alexis couldn't help but still feel incredibly ashamed as she felt everyone's gaze on her. They had to go through so much trouble just because a silly little girl wanted to play hero.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, looking down at her lap.

"About what?" Dumbledore approached her, standing at the end of her bed.