17. Our House

-----------

-----------

Skylar Gray - Come Up For Air

" 'Cause this whole wide world
There's no one else for me
So while you search the seas for answers
I will still be waiting here."

THE MIDDLE SALVATORE WONDERED WHERE ELLA WAS. It's been a while and the girl wasn't back, leaving Holden worried. More so, worried for Elena. He picked his phone up and dialed her number only to get no signal. "Hey, it's Ella, leave a message."

Holden sighed then hung up before walking out of the room to see Damon and Stefan arguing. The two turned to see Holden in the hall with a confused facial expression. "What?" Holden asked them.

"Damon, you explain, I have to go," Stefan mused as he started descending down the stairs.

Damon was about to open his mouth but Holden walked past him and followed right after Stefan. "What happened, Stefan? Where are you rushing?" Holden asked impatiently.

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep," Stefan answered as they reached the ground floor. Holden widened his eyes and looked up at Damon, standing on top of the stairs.

"What is she doing here? Again?" Holden asked angrily looking from one brother to another.

Stefan just shrugged. "I don't know. That's what I'm gonna go find out," he explained and then Katherine walked in, still bummed after the unsuccessful encounter with Holden.

"I don't think that you should tell her that I'm here," the kitty cat mused with a small grimace so Stefan furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"What? Why?" the youngest brother asked.

"It's better if she and John not know that I stayed in town after I got out of the tomb," Katherine explained as she moved to walk past Stefan and over to Holden, who just stared at her.

Damon walked down as he crossed his arms over his chest. "You're the one in cahoots with them," he said calmly. "You made a deal with John that almost got me killed... And Holden, of course."

Holden just rolled his eyes as Katherine chuckled dryly. "I did what I had to get out of the tomb. Now I'm reconsidering my alliance."
She was about to turn around and speak more but Stefan interrupted her.

"What do you know?"

Katherine bashed her lashes at the man she loved then smiled. "I know that I want Klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. Besides, if you three ever need me to swap places with Elena again, the less people know that I'm here, the better. Think about it, Stefan," she then looked at other two brothers, who looked at her with pursed lips. "Come on. Be smart."