4. Manipulation

-----------

-----------

Nothing But Thieves - Hanging

"Lets dive into this hole together, like this
And hope we never come out.
Hanging by a thread,
She said
"Where do you wanna go?"."

HOLDEN WALKED INTO DAMON'S ROOM TO FIND THE OLDER OF THE TWO DRESSING UP. "You came back late last night," Damon smirked as he buttoned his shirt.

The middle Salvatore mused with a sarcastic smile as he leaned on the doorway. "So, werewolves exist," Holden then sighed. Stefan told him that he and Caroline were attacked by a werewolf but they were fine. "Can't believe it's true though."

"This is exactly why the two of us are attending Jenna's barbecue party," Damon smirked and Holden raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"A what now?" Holden laughed and Damon approached him closer before putting his hands on Holden's shoulders. The younger brother looked at Damon lazily.

"Mason's gonna be there and I'm gonna give him a little silver to prove our theory," he smirked even wider and Holden grinned.

Damon's smile faded when he realized what he said. "Did you just say our?" Holden questioned and the older brother rolled his eyes. "I'm in. Still have nothing better to do."

"Perfect," Damon patted his shoulder then the two started leaving. "You're so fun when you wanna be."

Holden smirked smugly. "Don't start with me, Damon."

DAMON WAS HOLDING A BOX WITH PEACH COBBLER AS HOLDEN HELD A BOTTLE OF WINE. They walked in without knocking to see Mason, Alaric and Jenna drinking shots. "Hey," Damon fake smiled causing Holden to breathe in and smile at Jenna.

"Holden!" Jenna smiled widely and kissed his cheek, ignoring Damon. For some odd reason she didn't like the oldest Salvatore. "It's lovely that you joined us."

"Thank you for having me," Holden smiled back and Jenna turned to Damon, her smile fading.

"Damon," she said calmly yet coldly and her face became dull causing Holden to glance at Alaric in confusion, and the teacher just shrugged slightly.

"We were just doing shots," Alaric told the two brothers, who both nodded. "Let me give you shot glasses, buddies."

Jenna finished her shot then handed Damon the empty one. "Here. Use mine," she mused dully then left as Holden smiled to Damon teasingly.