Chapter 50 - Hatred

Start from the beginning

He was making me increasingly furious, and I could feel my core heating up by the minute. Before I even had a chance to come up with a witty response to his words, I felt his fangs, pierce into my neck so abruptly, causing one of the most intense pains that I had even felt in my entire life! It hurt so badly that I couldn’t even think straight, I couldn’t even bring my mind to a solution of how to get the heck out of this. I was almost at the point of giving up, wondering what the heck he’d done with Will, the vampire security, and my grandma. Where the hell where they when I needed them the most?!

My body began to grow weak and my vision was wavering. I could already see the blackness. This was it. Sebastian was just going to kill me, right here and now, drain my pathetic little body of all of its blood and just leave me here to decay in the middle of an uninhabited forest. Just freaking great!

But why should I let him win? Why should I give up? It would be incredibly selfish and I was sure that my pride would not allow this. I could not allow it. There was no way that this monster, who had put my life in danger from the moment I saw his stupid sexy body at that stupid bar, who’d desperately tried to tear Will and I apart, who’d made me run, hide, live in fear, all because he wanted my god damned petty little blood just to seek revenge on his brother for something that had happened centuries ago?! No, no! I will not let him win!

The anger inside of me was bubbling and brewing then and I knew that it was about to explode. My palms were almost dripping with sweat, and I could feel my skin heat to an impossible temperature. And that was when he pulled away. He flinched at first, and then dropped me as if he were just clutching onto hot coals, stumbling to the floor himself, as if I were practically on fire or something...

Oh my god. I looked down. I was. I was actually, literally, undoubtedly on fire! My hands had emitted the flame and I could feel the heat radiating off of me. It was almost exhilarating, and I felt tremendously proud that it was I, who had ultimately saved myself, all because of my stubborn little temper, one that would not let this monster win this personal war between the bunch of us.

“There’s more where that came from.” I said so bitterly, so cold, that if my voice were in the form of my actions, or another element, it would have put the fire out instantly. I slumped back onto the tree, barely holding myself up, Sebastian cowering on the floor only metres from me. I conjured up all of the remaining energy that I felt I had left, and lifted my right hand up and threw it in Seb’s direction, directing an imaginary fireball right at him. Except that what I’d imagined for the fireball to do, had actually played out. A ball of fire had literally come off of the flame on my hand and was now headed straight for him.

Of course though, using his vampire abilities and all, he dodged my blow, if just enough, for it not to have exploded all throughout his form. It skimmed his left arm though and scorched a hole right through the tight black skivvy that he was wearing which had previously moulded perfectly around his large biceps. All that was left of it now were just scraps of charred material draping off of his arm, and a big fat burn mark oozing of blood. Seb was lying face first in the dirt and was not moving, well, at least not for now.

Although my strength at that point was minimal, I took this as an opportunity to run. I needed to at least try. But something in particular had startled me, had pulled me from my almost unconscious state. It was the smell of burning. Burning pine wood to be precise. And that was when I looked down to my hands, only to see that I had been using them to balance my exhausted self on the tree, not even having the common sense left to realise that they were still alight, and that I had now completely lit the tree which I was leaning on, on fire!