vi. EMERGENCY AMPUTATION

Start from the beginning

"Our mom is a nurse, so technically not a doctor." Violet added.

"Why are you like this?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know. It's fun. Anyway, good night." She said before walking back to her room.

✦✧✦

"Have you ever wondered why Derek has blue eyes and Scott has yellow ones?" Violet asked Stiles while they were in Harris' class the next day.

"Maybe it's the different stages of—wolf-ism. You start with yellow, then they turn blue over time." Stiles conspired.

"McCall, Lahey. To the board." Harris said, "Violet." He added to the end before anyone could ask.

The class was working on the periodic table. Violet filled in the ones she knew while keeping a conversation with the boy that stood next to her: Isaac.

"You're on the lacrosse team right?" She asked him, who replied by shyly nodding.

"McCall, the board isn't for you to have chit chat. It's for you to fill in the missing elements." Harris scolded.

"Done." Violet said sweetly, passing the chalk to Isaac and clapping her hands together to clean them of chalk powder.

Going back to her seat, Stiles looked frantic. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Scott just texted me. He said that Derek's not the one who bit him. And that he's in trouble." Stiles informed her.

"Scott or Derek?"

"Derek." Stiles said. "We'll talk about it later."

✦✧✦

The end of the school day couldn't arrive sooner. As soon as Violet finished at her locker, she sprinted outside to meet up Stiles and his jeep to give her a ride home.

Scott was heading over to Allison's so there would be an extremely high chance of no wolfie business today. It was safe to say everyone was thankful.

Obviously the happiness ended before they could even drive out of the school parking lot. Stiles' brakes screeched when he saw a figure standing in front of his car. "Oh, my god." Stiles said, "you gotta be kidding me, this guy's everywhere."

It was Derek.

"Just when we thought we were out." Violet said, beginning to get out of the car with Stiles when horns of impatient teenagers began to be slammed on. Derek was starting a commotion.

"No, stay in the car. I don't want him to accidentally swing at you or something."

Violet watched on from the car while Stiles attempted to tend to Derek. Scott came tumbling toward them just seconds later, pelting Derek with questions. What Violet picked up was that Derek had been shot by a magic bullet that wouldn't let him use his wolfie powers to heal. While Scott spoke with Derek, Stiles went to the passenger window of the jeep and told Violet to sit in the back, for fear that their afternoon without the Supernatural would be the opposite of what they'd hoped.

The blaring of car horns continued and it was beginning to tick the younger McCall off. Sticking her head out the window she exclaimed, "Do you want us to run over someone?! Calm down. You'll be back to your regularly scheduled afternoons soon!" She then proceeded to ask Stiles if it would take any longer.

"Let's get him outta here." Scott grunted as he and Stiles helped Derek to his feet. Scott opened the passenger side door and aided Derek in sliding inside where Violet had just been sitting.