Dang...Dakdok's Dumb...Really, Really Dumb

Usama Dakdok, whose church is classified as a hate group, gets into an altercation with a protester at Solid Rock Ministries in Kokomo

At the behest of a local elected official, an area church opened its doors to an anti-Muslim speaker, garnering a protest of the event and eventually a scuffle within the church.

Last week Usama Dakdok, whose The Straight Way Ministry is registered with the Southern Poverty Law Center as an anti-Muslim hate group, spoke within Solid Rock Ministries in Kokomo. His two-night presentation spanned the gamut, ranging from claiming Barack Obama was a secret Muslim to preaching that Muslims were intent on invading the United States to “rape and kill.” During his second presentation on Wednesday, a confrontation broke out after protesters made a silent stand within the church. On video, Taylor Township board member Bob Marley, who helped coordinate Dakdok’s presentation, can be seen getting into a brief altercation with a protester.

Natalie Guest, a former candidate for Indiana House District 30, partook in the protest. She carried a fabric banner reading, “And they will know us by our love.”

“They just shoved me and grabbed me, and I just let them do it,” said Guest. “They ripped my banner out of my hands and threw it in my face and threw it on the ground or whatever. There were multiple … One came from the front, one came from the side, and one came from the back.” (Aren't they just the most peacefullest most nicest Christian folks ever, especially their respect and good and bestest treatment of women, right?)

According to Guest, the protest was proceeded by viewing Dakdok’s presentation for about an hour. She said her group intended to protest from the start, but upon learning that the event functioned as a church service, chose to wait and take in the presentation before protesting. However, she said her group eventually silently stood and unfurled their cloth banners. During the event, she said Dakdok spent time trying to sell his book, which is a version of the Quran he translated. (*facepalm×1,000,000,000)

“He said, ‘Have you read my book? Then you haven’t read the Quran.’ He has all the trappings of this Mark Twain novel like revival preacher … that’s trying to sell you a ticket to heaven. He’s trying to sell people his books right off the bat. He says, ‘For $20 you can buy your salvation.’ He said it almost exactly to that level. ‘For 20 you can save your country and save yourself,’ like a seat into heaven kind of thing. I thought that was so ugly and vile.”

Dakdok’s sermon on Tuesday differed slightly from the one protested the following night.

During his presentation, Dakdok preached about what he perceived to be the dangers of Islam. He even touched on topics made prevalent during Obama’s presidency, such as the idea that the former president is a secret practitioner of Islam. To make his point, he showed a grainy photograph of Obama’s ring, which he claimed showed writings from the Quran. Similar photographs were widely circulated years ago, often hazy or unclear, but higher-quality images show the ring doesn’t bare writing, but rather ornate and symmetrical designs. (Dude chill with the conspiracies, slip your tinfoil hat back atop your greasy, bald head and hide away from the lizard peoples okay? It's almost time for your medicine...)

The speaker primarily focused on the rise of ISCED and other UNIslamic groups during his time in front of the church. For example, he utilized a video published by Vox to detail the rise of ISCED; however, he stopped the video before a portion claiming that most don’t join the extremist group for religious purposes. (Duh, there's nothing religious or Islamic about those murderous deviants!)

In an interview, Dakdok called Islam a “savage cult.” He went so far as to claim that practicing the religion should be banned in the United States and that Muslims are waiting to take over the country.

“It is illegal for Muslims to practice Islam if you understand the Quran (mook doesn't understand it himself), to breathe air in America. They should not breathe air in America. You know what you’re going to write in your paper tomorrow? ‘Mr. Dakdok said it is illegal for Muslims to breathe air in America.’ That’s what you’re going to write, but you’re not going to tell people why I said that. Why I said that? Because they are here to reproduce, to make babies, and to kill your babies,” said Dakdok. “If that’s OK, then it’s OK for them to live in America.”

Marley took particular issue with the Kokomo Common Council’s move to allow an Islamic prayer to be said before one of its meetings last year. During that prayer last year, the speaker provided a word-for-word translation of his prayer, which was of peaceful content.

But Marley maintained that the prayer wasn’t translated accurately and said he feared an Islamic takeover in the United States. (Pathetic paranoid punk knows nothing but lies and inciting fear/hatred in backwards simple-minded nitwits like himself.)

“What I’m saying is I personally believe that they’re wanting to get into different areas,” said Marley. “They come, and they say a prayer. They pray at the city council in this case, think they’re saying ‘bless the council, bless Kokomo, and bless Indiana,’ and I don’t believe that was necessarily his prayer. So if he interprets it in his own prayer, would he possibly lie to you if we’re talking about a religion that when you read the Quran they want to behead you? (Show me such a verse please, I'm sick of liars claiming this without an ounce of proof). You’re an infidel? Would a person that would do that possibly lie or they would kill you, but they wouldn’t lie to you?”

The prayer at the common council last year was put on in part by council members Bob Hayes and Stephen Whikehart.

When asked about Dakdok’s messages during his sermon, and in particular a similar ideal to the one presented by Marley, Hayes said Kokomo will continue to welcome citizens from all diverse backgrounds.

“If these things were indeed said by this gentleman, I would not want to add any credence or importance to what he has said,” said Hayes. “In regards to the city council inviting people to open with prayer, we are open to the Kokomo community, religious community, and we’ve had a diverse group of individuals to come in. We will continue in that manner.”

Similarly, Whikehart said he did not “put much credence into anything Mr. Dakdok says.”

“It’s unfortunate that someone would come to our community to profit from the propagation of fear and bigotry,” said Whikehart. “This type of divisive rhetoric does not represent the values that are true of Kokomo, which is a community that I know to be inclusive and accepting of individuals from all backgrounds.

“But sadly, we know there are individuals in this world who try to take advantage of people by playing on their fears and misconceptions. Mr. Dakdok is just an example of someone who obviously doesn’t understand this community and the great people in it. This clearly does not reflect our Kokomo.”