•42- Fixing Bonds•

I open my eyes to the sun shining tightly through the curtains. I wince, feeling it was too bright since I just woke up. My eyes wander the messy apartment and I see Ace sleeping in a funny position on the couch. One of his arms and legs were hanging off as a thin blanket only covered half of him.

Ace opens his eyes and notices me staring at him. I quickly look away, a bit embarrassed. "I know I look nice, you can keep staring," he says cockily. I scoff, rolling my eyes, he chuckling, getting up. "I wanted to talk to you today," he says, hopping into some pants. The only thing he slept in was his boxers, which wasn't too bad, at least he did sleep 'all natural'.

I nod, letting out faint sigh. The talk, I knew it'd be soon, but not this soon. We needed to have a compromise since we both need each other. The other day was an example of why.

When two mates find each other, they changes a bit. The male gets stronger, mostly to protect his female mate; while the female is able to heal the male quicker than normal. Now, sometimes that can get changed, Ace was able to partially heal me when I cut myself, so he got a little of that and the strength.

Ace walks over to me and sits on the floor next to the bed. I watch him closely as he doesn't nothing for a couple minutes except for staring at the wall. I tense up for a moment when he suddenly speaks, "We both know we need each other," he says, stating the facts. I nod slowly in agreement, without each other we would die.

He lets out a frustrated sigh, "I can't stop killing, it's a need at this point. So, I propose that I do it less, and when you're sleeping so I can spend time with you," he says, still staring aimlessly at the wall.

I glance at the wall to see if there was anything special about it, but nope, just a blank, dirty wall. I bite my lip, not knowing if that was a fair deal. I absolutely didn't want him to kill and now is the time to tell him that.

"No," I croak out, my voice crumbling.

Ace gives me a semi-surprised look, "There's nothing that'll stop me from killing my dear mate," he turns and faces me, staring directly into my eyes, saying that he was being completely serious.

I bite my tongue, trying to think of something, there was something... I remembered that Ace would make deals with me when I first came here. "Lets make a deal," I say, little worry in my confident voice. This was something I didn't want, but had to do.

Ace's eyes glow for a moment, "Deal? Why that's like making a deal with the devil himself. Let me guess, you want to give yourself up in exchange for people's lives?" he asks, clicking his tongue a few times.

I nod, not knowing how he figured it out. Ace laughs, "Fine, fair enough," he smiles. I gulp, feeling a bit shaky, not knowing what his plans were going to be now.

Ace reaches out and runs a finger down my nose, "Don't worry, I have no plans on hurting you. Mostly just making you beg," he winks, booping my nose. My eyes widen as I blush deeply, not expecting that from him.

"I would never," I scoff, rolling my eyes. It felt natural to talk to Ace like this, he can be pretty sarcastic and dickish. Sometimes I feel as if I'm getting too comfortable too fast. In this instant, it was seconds.

Ace smirks, "Mhm, well, since you really believe that, I'll make it happen. One way or another," he chuckles, leaning forward, very close to my face. He was only millimeters away before saying something, "I don't lose, remember that," he says, kissing my cheek.

I blush, looking away with a huff. How dare he, it would take me till the day I die for me to beg for stuff so crude. He should just give up now! But I know he won't, he won't stop till he wins. That's just how he is.. maybe I can make it seem like he won. That'd be the better choice.

"Okay master planner, its lunch. Chinese?" he asks, holding up his phone. I nod, my mind wandering off to an old friend of mine. I wonder how Darian was doing, hopefully good. I hope he doesn't cut anymore, what I did that one time was a mistake and I realize that now.

"You know," Ace says from the kitchen, hanging up the phone, "you know I'm never letting you go again," his voice sounded serious as he spoke. I wonder what made his mood suddenly change. Random thoughts probably. He walks in, sighing. "I can't go through that again, nor can I let you. Even if I'm acting all buddy buddy, just know that you're never allowed to leave me."

I let out a small whimper, not liking this side of Ace too much. I never forget that he's possessive, it just gets out off to the side of my mind. "I won't leave, I-I," I pause for a moment not knowing if I wanted to say the next word, "promise." I let out a shaky breath, looking at Ace. A promise was something I usually never did use because that is dedication and a verbal contract.

Ace raises an eyebrow, "I'll hold you to that promise my little mate, now, lets eat," he says as the chinese delivery guy knocks on the door with our food.

•••

Hey guys! I'm on the quest to #1, it's going to be hard to beat the current #1 since it has 11mill reads while mine only has a half a mill, but the fan base is quickly growing! I believe I can do it!

Thanks to minimonster0 for being here for me, go check out her stories, they're pretty freakin good (long chapters too!).