•33- Maybe A Friend•

I sit down on one of the park benches, Olivia sitting next to me. We have just been walking around the park for ten minutes, a bit awkwardly. I don't think she meant it to be awkward though, but she stood tall it kind of scared me.

"So, do you have any family?" I ask her, trying to start a conversation, even though I'm really bad at doing so.

She looks over at me and nods, "Of course. A little brother, and a dead mother and father," she casually says, like it meant nothing.

I keep my mouth shut, even though I am curious about her parents. Curiosity is just a part of human nature, but it can get in the way. "Oh... tell me about your little brother," I hold onto my skirt tightly. I didn't know what else to say.

She smiles, "He's just a kid who's been through a lot and has gone down the wrong path. I want to fix him, I'd love to be the one to do so," she looks off at the clouds, daydreaming of what it'd be like to rehabilitate her brother. A shiver runs down my spine, I don't want to keep talking about this.

I quickly nod, "Oh okay. Anyways... any pets?" I ask innocently. Pets are one of my favorite subjects, especially cats. Many wolves don't like them for obvious reasons, but I do. Dogs like anybody they meet, but it takes a special person who takes time and gives love for a cat to trust.

Olivia lets out a laugh, "Sadly no, I travel far too much for that. How about you, do you have a pet?" she asks back, smiling at me.

My eyes wander off into the sky, "No, I wish I did though," I tell her, being honest. Pets are like best friends who will never leave you if you treat them right.

Olivia opens her mouth to tell me something, but a shadow began looming over us. It was a young man, his hands on his hips as he began growling. My eyes widen as I begin freaking out in the inside.

"You're not welcome here," the man growls. I notice he wasn't talking to me, but Olivia. She kept a blank face, not looking as if what he was saying mattered much. "Get the fuck out of this town, I better not see you here again!" he shouts, grabbing a fistful of her black hair.

Olivia frowns, throwing a punch. The man falls back, holding his rib cage as it looked bent. My mouth hangs open a little in surprise, she's extremely strong. "I have business here," she says, getting up into the guy's face, "now, run along."

He grumbles a bit before jogging off, holding his side. I have a feeling that if he wasn't injured, shit would start flying. "Sorry about that," Olivia speaks up after an awkward minute of silence. "Some people here are just so crazy," she punches her nose. I raise an eyebrow, not knowing any other incidents where people acted 'crazy', but I've only been in town a few times, so that might be a possibility.

I hold up my hands, "It's alright," I reply, forcing a smile onto my face. Maybe I should've listened to that waitress, I probably would be home by now too.

Olivia reaches into her black purse and fiddled around before pulling out a phone. She holds it out, "For you," she says, "it's a way to contact me." Her eyes flashed with excitement as I carefully took the encased phone. "Now, I've got to go, could I give you a ride home?" she asks.

I look up from staring at my phone in amazement, "Oh, no, but thank you," I tell her a bit shyly. I didn't trust her, at all. There's something off, and riding in a car with her would be the last thing I'd imagine doing. 

She shrugs, holding out her hand afterwards. "Nice meeting you Lillian," she says as I shake her hand.

"You too," I reply, pulling my hand away from her rough grip. She walks about twenty feet before entering a big-built car that could run over somebody and kill them instantly. A legal road tank.  She honks a couple times at me before driving off to hell knows where.

I let out an exhausted sigh, sitting back down on the bench to have a breather. I thought I was going to have a relaxing day out in the town, but no, I meet a sketchy lady and have people telling and hinting that she's something different from what I saw.

"Lillian?" I freeze up, the blood rushing out of my face as I come to a realization that my mate was talking to me. "What're you doing here?" he asks, sounding extremely pissed off. I glance up and see him with his arms crossed, a frown etched on his face. This is not good.

I twiddle with my fingers as I speak, "I just wanted to do something," my voice shook as I looked away.

Ace lets out a frustrated growl, "Then why didn't you wait till I got home?" he asks me, I have a feeling if I answer wrong, he's going to explode. Currently, he's a ticking time bomb.

I bite my lip nervously, "I-I-I don't know! I don't like being cooped up," I tell him, my voice getting quieter with every word I spoke. Ace eyes open a bit, as if he realized something.

He sits down next to me, "It's not safe here," he kisses my cheek, lingering for a bit. He pulls away and sniffs me, not even trying to hide the fact he was. "Lillian, this is very important you listen, don't go near that girl. Ever," he told me strictly.

I shied away from him, "But, I mean, why?" I ask him. Everybody obviously didn't welcome her, but nobody has said a thing as to why. I need answers, I'm just that curious. If I don't get them now, then I'll find them myself.

Ace inches closer to me, not caring about what little personal space I'm trying to have. "Because, nobody here welcomes her." Oh, I know, but that's one pathetic excuse. "Actually, you're smarter than that," he places a couple fingers under my chin, so I look up at him. "She's a spy. Now, knowing her, she gave you a phone?" he pulls away and holds out his hand. I quickly toss it to him, feeling ignorant. "Now, lets go home Lillian," he tells me, starting to walk away.

I quickly catch up to him, only to pull on his shirt, "How do you know her?" I ask him. Ace was missing a key point.

Ace frowns, turning  around to face me, "She's my sister," he says in a dull tone. My mouth drops, surprised. I would never suspect that, but not like I knew anything about his family... but somehow, I felt like I did. Just a little bit.

•••

So, meet the new main character Olivia. I wonder what role she will play? Especially as a spy.

Also, IM 13 IN THE WEREWOLF CATEGORY OMFG *passes out*. Thank you all so much, I just about cried, but I'm not a wimp!

Any suggestions on what I should do? Q&A or like a challenge? I don't know, I just want to do something special for my readers.

Bet this story will get to 1million reads in three months or less! LETS GOOOO