Chapter 16: Couples Therapy

A part of this chapter is rated R haha

_____

I feel a pile of clothes hit my head in my sleep, and a moment later the shower starts.

"Get up."

I lift my head from the pillows to glare at my wife.

"Get out."

"No. I am sick of this shit Nathan. Get up, we have somewhere to be."

"Where?"

"None of your business. If I come back and you are not in the shower, I will drag you by the penis."

I snort, but she walks out, slamming the door.

I look at the clock.

7:43AM

I groan and roll out of bed. I strip down and get in the water. It's ice cold.

I let out a hiss and jump out of the way.

She did that shit on purpose.

My week has consisted of waking up in the basement, if I fell asleep, going to get the kids, feeding the kids, fighting with Raylen and Winston to eat, Odeletta entering the kitchen from wherever it is she goes in the morning and putting Raylen's untouched food in the fridge so he can eat it for lunch, me going back to the basement to watch something on TV, me going back upstairs for lunch, cooking lunch, feeding the kids, taking my turn to walk Winston, going back to the basement with Winston, holding Winston on my chest while I watch more TV, going upstairs for dinner that Odeletta cooks, taking my food to the dining room, and then cleaning up after. We switch off bathing the kids. Then I go into the room in the basement and shower and then try to sleep or actually sleep, and if I can't sleep, I'll watch more TV. It repeats the next day.

Oh, and you can't forget the snarky comments back and forth between my wife and I all day long.

I keep asking myself how we got here. We were never like this before.

I have spent the whole time shoving my feelings aside.

I don't want to deal with them.

I start washing my hair when the bathroom door opens.

"Are you showering?" She peeks her head in. "Good." She backs out and slams the door.

I grit my teeth and keep washing my hair.

I wash out the soap and wash my body. I get out and wrap a towel around my waist. I shave for the first time in a week, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and then walk into the bedroom.

She got black briefs, black slacks, and a white button down.

Where the hell are we going?

I scoff and walk to the dresser, grabbing a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. I pull on the boxers she got and then the jeans, and then the t-shirt. I put on my brown boots and go stomping up the basement stairs, my hair still wet.