Chapter One- Gigantic Asshole

************************************

To read the complete story, go to https://www.dreame.com/novel/WxvSLxn5lxA0VUB4qgec0g%3D%3D-Taming-Ryder.html

If you have the Dreame app, follow me! Tina Louise

************************************

All my life, I've felt like I've been waiting for something exciting to happen to me; something that makes me feel an emotion other than anger or frustration. I keep hoping that there's something more in store for me; that I'm not destined to be a clone of society, but something more. Something way more.

But I'm starting to lose that hope. I'm starting to think anger, frustration and disappointment will be all I ever feel.

It's been one hell of a day and I can't wait to get home and crack open a bottle of wine to curb the nerves. When I step outside of the office building, the cold February air takes my breath away. I pull my jacket tightly around me and start towards my car, digging in my purse for my keys. 

I pull my keys out just as I make it to the car, but my frigid hands cause me to drop them to the ground. When I bend over to pick them up, I notice that my back tire is flat. After the day I've had, this is the last thing I need.

Overcome with emotion, I kick the tire, which in hindsight, isn't a very good idea while wearing three inch heels. The heel of my left shoe breaks off and slides across the parking lot, almost mockingly.

I hobble over to the door and unlock it. As soon as I sit down in the driver's seat, I remember that I don't have enough gas to start my car and turn on the heat. I laugh humorlessly and shake my head, not believing my luck. I take out my phone and schedule a cab to come pick me up, putting off fixing my car until tomorrow.

The office building is locked, so I'm forced to sit in this parking lot alone, in the dark, and wait for my cab to arrive. I'm not surprised at my luck. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Still, no matter how bad it gets, I'm determined not let my emotions get the better of me. I've been keeping those inner demons at bay for over two years now.

I sit on the hood of my car and pull my knees up to my chest, making the most out of the little body heat that I have. Since I'm quite small, it's not much.

I busy myself with my phone for a while, replying to two day old texts from my mother that I've been avoiding and catching up on work emails. My fingers are freezing, making typing pretty difficult. After spelling the word tomorrow wrong for the fourth time, I slam my fist down on my car and let out a string of curse words.

"Whoa there, kitten," a deep, gravelly voice says from behind me.

I spin around so fast, I nearly fall to the ground. A tall figure emerges from the shadows and my limbs freeze over in fear. I want back away, but I can't move at all. "I-I don't have any cash on me, if that's what you're after," I tell him.

He moves closer and the street lamp illuminates his face. He's wearing a black hoodie with the hood draped over his head, but I don't miss those brilliant green eyes. His sleeves are pulled up a little, revealing tattoos that probably cover his arms, if not his entire body.

"Relax. I'm not trying to rob you," he says, holding his hands up. "I have a tire iron in my car. I'll be happy to take care of that flat for you."

As if this day couldn't get any worse, it'll end with me being butchered to death by this serial killer that's been lurking in the shadows, waiting for me to be alone so he can hack me up into little pieces.