Awakening Evil

Prologue

"Princess Celestia we must go! Nightmare Moon approaches!" Princess Twilight said to Princess Celestia with urgency. As Twilight said this to Celestia, her heart had been beating wildly resembling a jack hammer, her eyes darted from where she had to run, and back to Nightmare moon again. She wanted to run as fast as she could without stopping for anypony else, not even Celestia, but her sense of affection for her mentor compelled her to stay.

Twilight began to sweat as Nightmare Moon closed in. She had been getting antsy with anxiety as she noticed her hunter getting closer and closer. Twilight had only one thought in her mind to flee and never look back, even her instincts told her to, but she suppressed the urge to run, so she could be with Celestia, to guarantee Celestia's safety. Nightmare Moon prowled closer and closer never faltering like a beast stalking its prey, Twilight continued to grow fearful as she saw her fast approaching. Alarm bells sounded in her mind as the distance between Nightmare Moon and her shortened "CELESTIA WE MUST LEAVE! NOW!" She screamed in fear.

"NO! I will Defeat her, now run your life has yet to begin, be safe, prosper this is my burden to carry. NOW GO!" Celestia stated fearlessly with an expression of determination, confidence and vengence; the expression she had could inspire fear in the bravest of warriors. She did not fear the predator, she only cared for Twilight and the rest of Equestria, and her purpose to protect them like the mother they saw her as, she could not; no, would not fail, and she became emboldened by power. She knew she could deal with her corrupted sister once more.

"Let me help you, Princess! He was my friend to!" Princess Twilight stated defiantly stricken with fear and sorrow, knowing she could very well die here this day, but that did not matter, she could not bear the thought of losing her mentor in battle. She would not allow her to perish here. She would die before her mentor did. She was fearful, but fear cannot beat the power of love and friendship, "I'm Sorry Celestia, but I will not obey you this time. I will stand and fight. I WILL NOT LET YOU DO THIS ALONE!" Twilight continued slamming her hoof down in defiance with an expression of bolstered bravery, and a tone that even surprised her.

"Twilight, my faithful student, I'm sorry, but you have no choice in this matter; I hope you will forgive me, but I cannot risk having you die!" As Celestia finished her compassionate sentence, she teleported Twilight and her friends away. Celestia Regretted having to force her beloved student to flee, but it had to be done, if she were to survive and Twilight were to die on her behalf she could not bear with the grief. Even as she thought about it, it caused her heart to ache, and a tear to fall. She loved Twilight too dearly she could not lose her; if she were to, she had been sure she would lose the will to live. She had already lost her sister, her best friend, and if she lost her faithful student she would not be able to continue living, these dark thoughts panged her mind for several seconds, causing her to cry lightly.

As Celestia stirred from her morbid thoughts, she focused on the task at hand, and she thought to herself "Okay sister dear, I fix my mistake this day." As Celestia thought this she unfurled her beautiful white wings, and took flight for the final showdown.

"So you are ready to fight Celestia," Nightmare Moon said as she flapped her black wings to alight herself.

"Yes it is time to repair the wrong that I have done to you, I'm sorry," Celestia replied panged with guilt. She hated doing this to her dear LuLu, but it had to be done, to save Equestria and her ponies. as she remembered the first time she had to do this, a tear rolled down her snout and fell to the ground below. She felt her heart break once more just like before it was a surreal feeling of déjà vu, but she also remembered the pain like it was yesterday, especially the loneliness that followed when she did it the first time.