Ch. 1

"Remember Lucy, people aren't born bad, the are taught" the counselor said for the 1 hundredth time this week. She didn't need to tell me this everyday but when she did, it annoyed the hell out of me. Its like she thought I can't remember something for more than half an hour. 

"Yes I know" I whisper to the before getting up and walking out of the door to her office, into the teenage packed corridors of Fairy Tail Academy. Staying behind the crowed, I tried to make it to my locker without getting noticed by Natsu Dragneel and his pack. 

I sighed as I saw my locker ahead of me. I began to speed up only to be stopped by someone holding my collar to my shirt. 

"Well if it isn't Miss. Fat" a sly voice whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine. 

Gulping, I turned around to face, Gajeel, a guy with piercings on his nose and eyebrows. His smile made me sick as he let go of my shirt. 

"Looks like Miss. Fat is going to go and cry" He laughed as he pulled on my cheek digging his nails into my soft skin. 

"Look how chubby you are" He exclaimed pulling my cheeks farther away. 

" That's enough Gajeel, wouldn't want people to think that your dating the pig, do you ?" Gray said walking over, his hands on his pockets as per usual. 

Gajeel sighed and nodded. 

"Yeah wouldn't want people to think Im going out with that " He laughed pointing at me. 

I hate the way they talked to me as if I wasn't there. It hurt but I was used to it. 

Remember Lucy, people aren't born bad, they are taught. 

My counselors words rung in my head. I turned to continue my journey when my arm was caught. 

"And where do you think your going ? Just because we aren't paying attention to you doesn't mean that you have the right to leave" Gray hissed as he released his hold on my arm. 

I bowed and muttered,  Im sorry". Before leaving them not trying to listen to Gray constantly shouting my name. 

I felt the tears appear at the edge of my eyes as I ran past my locker and out the doors of the school. I don't care if I get in trouble I just have to get out of here. 

...

"Hi Miss. Fat" I turned around to come face to face with the captain of the cheerleading squad, Lisanna Strauss a.k.a girlfriend of the handsome,popular, team captain, basketball player, Natsu Dragneel.

"What do you want Lisanna" I say trying to avoid contact and preparing for myself for what's going to come next. 

" I've bumped into you before and you dropped this" she said rolling her eyes while handing me the journal. My eyes grow wide with fear of what she might have read. 

"Ugh don't worry, I haven't seen what you wrote and I don't attend to, like who would read your shit" she said laughing while turning around and her friends following her, laughing like hyenas.  

...

The library was quiet as I sat in the corner in the back of the building, surrounded by a pile of books.

"So you like being alone, huh?" 

I looked up to see Natsu standing there holding a book of him own. I didn't answer and got up to put my books away so I could leave before being beaten up or insulated. 

"Don't worry Im not going to hurt you, Im not in the mood, besides whats the point when no one is watching" he said with his face dead serious. 

I stared at my him, giving him an odd look. 

"So what are you reading" He asked sitting down across from me. 

"Dragons" I mumbled. 

He raised an eyebrow before looked down at his book "Good choice" He smiled slightly.

My heart started to ache as he smiled to himself. What is this feeling?

" What? Do I look like food?" He asked looking at me, I shock my head looking down at my book. 

He's an asshole.

"I better get going" I muttered while getting up to put my books away not wanting to be next to him or in the same place as him any longer. 

"Bye" He stated and I nodded before grabbing my bag and walking quickly out the building. 

"Miss. Heartfillia! Where have you been! You missed two of your classes! Detention. NOW!!!"Sir. Gildart barked as I entered my 6 period classroom. 

This day can't get any worse.