War Machine and Movies

Peter's POV:

I laid down on the bed, careful not to bend any way The would make my ribs hurt more then they already do. Mr. Stark had come get me at the boys home earlier today. It was a complete surprise. I thought I was in Carlyle's office for punishment or something. But instead Mr. Stark came and took me home with him.

He had kept questioning about how I got so beat up...

I may want Carlyle in jail for beating up me and the other guys, but I knew very well that he has friends... friends that will do things for him. I learned that last time...

It was a little over week after I had first gotten to the home. I wanted to go to the police. The boys tried to stop me... to tell me that the police couldn't do anything...but I went anyway. I brought them to the home. Carlyle told them I made up stories like this all the time and he called his friends and then they left... I've never been beaten so hard in my life. I still have the stitches from it as proof.

Mr. Stark gave me a new phone then we ate lunch. I was starving. I hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday. Then I went to unpack. I unpacked and am now laying on the bed...

I feel like for the first time in over two weeks that I can breath...

I heard a knock on a door which startled me. I sat up as Mr. Stark walked in.

"Kid, I know your probably going through a lot. But you can talk to me about stuff. It would stay between us... I wouldn't even bring it up again unless you want me to. I-er-um wanted you to know I'm here for ya' kid."

I nodded. I knew that wasn't true though. If I told him about Carlyle he'd go to the police... start a fight we can't win.

"I've been where you are... losing your family and all. I know it's not easy, and I know it's especially not easy when you feel alone... but you aren't alone. You have me...and even Pepper."

Again I nodded.

"Uh... good. Now, you want to do something?"

"Can we watch tv!?" I asked excitedly. I hadn't watched tv in two whole weeks. That's forever in teenager years!!!

He laughed and said, "Yeah, come on." I carefully got off the bed and walked slowly next to Mr. Stark down the hall. He looked like he was ready to catch me if I fell over.

When we got to the living room we sat down,  I grabbed the remote, but then I went over to the movie cabinet. I started to go through the movies.

Mr. Stark asked, "how long has it been since you've watched tv?"

"Two weeks." I say, not focusing really on him.

"How has school been?" He asked

"Good. Easy." I replied, skimming over movie titles.

"Have the last two weeks been hard?"

"Yeah, especially after school."

"Why after school?" He asked.

"Hmm?" I found a new movie. It looks interesting.

"Do you feel guilty about leaving the guys to come to live here?"

"Mhm." I put that movie down to come back to it later and kept looking.

"Why? Because your friends and don't want to leave them? Because you have someone to take care of you now?"

"Because of Carlyle." I've been wanting to see this movie since forever!! I didn't even know this movie was out on DVD!

"Why because of Carlyle?" I jerked around to stare at Mr. Stark when he said that name. How could I be so careless? I realized my mouth was open in shock so I closed it. I shrugged and went over to put the DVD in.