"How do you manage to get such a car within a day? Doesn't it usually take weeks? I mean, Klaus built a damn palace within less than a month, so what do I wonder?" 

Grace unpacked the sandwich and bit into it. She was touched by the gesture and it tasted amazing. She could get used to that. 

"You still have to learn some things about the life of vampires. Compulsion is something that makes things easier. Don't worry, I paid the car of course. But in this case I helped quickening the process." 

She nodded and took a sip of coffee. Usually she wasn't a coffee person, but sometimes it was necessary. Of course he had guessed right that she liked it with a lot of milk, no sugar. 

"...which leads to our agenda for today. Niklaus told me you have trouble feeding. I also promised you that I will teach you and that's what I'll do today." 

"What else does Nik tell about me?" 

Grace asked curiously. There wasn't anything catchy that he could tell Elijah, but still the sly bastard could've made something up just to annoy his brother.

"Not much. Just that you have an admiring ability to forgive concerning what my brother has done to you." 

He spared her a side glance and she saw that he knew about everything. It was good, so she wouldn't have to live through all of it again to tell him. But there was anger in his eyes and Grace wanted nothing more than to know his family finally at peace. 

Thankfully he changed the topic immediately.

"Before I forget, I have something for you."

From the pocket of his jacket and pulled out an envelope. Grace frowned and wiped her hands on her jeans before she took the thick paper. Curiously, she opened it to see an elegantly designed invitation. 

"A ball? Really?" 

She pulled up her brows to which Elijah chuckled. 

"My mother has a sense for the dramatic. She wants to celebrate our families' reunion. I wanted to keep you out of it, but mother insisted." 

Smiling, she stroked over the heavy paper. It literally screamed expensive and extravagant.

"No, it's alright. Good opportunity to keep your family involved with the town's society. I just don't have a fitting dress for the occasion." 

They reached the parking lot of a diner outside Mystic Falls and Elijah turned off the engine. It wasn't probably the best place, as the luxurious car really stood out. 

"This won't take long. You'll have time to look for something. Please, just take Rebekah with you. She was asking the whole morning when I would ask you to be my...companion in this, telling me that you're such a good advisor concerning style." 

He allowed his eyes to wander over her flawless body. His mouth turned dry as he followed the endless line of her legs. Grace tried heard to keep her breathing even. How much just a gaze of him could do with her. 

"Yes, of course. As Rebekah and Klaus are my only friends, I would prefer your sister to help me choose something." 

Elijah nodded and they exited the car. He took her hand in hers and they exchanged a short glance before they got into the diner. 

The Original vampire was so out of place here in his suit and overall elegant appearance. The diner was mostly empty. Just two customers sat at the tables, reading a newspaper and drinking coffee. A waitress was cleaning cups behind the counter. 

Grace and Elijah sat beside each other in a booth that was perfectly hidden from any curious glances. He could've chosen a more private place like the woods with hikers as their victims, but Grace needed a crash course. They could work on perfection later one. Elijah could already see that her cheeks were paler than the day before.