eighteen

I woke up to Kat poking me from the seat behind me. "We're landing, wake up sleepyhead," she said.

Once we got into our hotel room, I jumped onto the bed with my phone in my hand. I rolled onto my stomach, turned on the tv with the remote Kat had put next to me, and sent a text to Luke, who had been talking to me all the way there. He was working and no one had come in all day to buy any books, so he was bored. Grinning at a joke he had sent me, I responded with a laughing emoji. As I waited for a reply, I noticed I had 54 unread texts. I replied to Ashton, my cousin, and another friend, then I noticed most of the missed texts, 45 to be exact, were from Josh. Oh no, I thought. I haven't talked to him all week! I opened the texts and scrolled to the beginning, then read them.

Monday
• Hey, just checking in. Miss you. ❤️
• How are you?
• Missing you 💓💓
Wednesday
• I called you 4 different times today & yesterday, are you ok?
• Hello?
• Is everything alright?
• 😕
Thursday
• We need to talk
• Kassie
• Are you ignoring me?
• Come on, please answer my calls
Friday
• Seriously we need to talk
• Kassie, I really need to ask you something
• If this is a joke, it's not funny
Saturday
• What's with the photos Chris posted?
• Why aren't you answering my calls?
• Come on please answer
• This isn't funny
• 😠
Sunday
• Kass
• Please
• 💔

Before I could read all of them, my phone rang. It was Luke. I answered and heard him laughing. "You'll never guess what just happened. This guy walked in holding a cat and-" I cut him off before he could finish. "Hey Luke, can I call you back in a few?" I said. He sounded disappointed, but said, "yeah, it's ok. see ya." I hung up and called Josh, who didn't answer. I hung up and called again. Once again, no answer. This time, I left a message. "Josh, it's me. I didn't know you had sent those or called. I guess I didn't pay attention, you know how bad I am about that." I laughed nervously. "Well, call me back. I miss you." I hung up and buried my face in the pillows on the bed. "Oh man, I hope he's not ignoring me on purpose," I said to myself. "How could I have missed all of those messages and calls?"
"From who? Josh?" Kat asked as she sat down next to me. I looked up, nodded, then put my face back into my pillow. She pulled me up next to her. "What's wrong?" she asked. I showed her all of the messages and told her that I called, but he didn't answer. She smiled softly at me. "I'm sure it's alright," she said. "He's probably just busy. Let's go do something fun to get your mind off of it. I saw a cute antique shop a few blocks away on the way here, let's go." Before I could refuse, she pulled my suitcase into the bed and opened it up. "Get ready, you're kind of a mess," she said as she laughed and looked at my green sweatpants and old t shirt. I ran my hand through my tangled hair and laughed before getting up and pulling out a pair of jeans and a top.

I got ready, put on some makeup, and followed Kat out into the cool fall air.

*JOSH'S POV*
I stared down at the texts I had been sending Kassie for the last two weeks and sighed as I read DELIVERED under all of them. Just then, someone pulled my phone out of my hand. I looked up to see Jenna, who was turning it off and putting it down on the coffee table in front of me. "You need to stop focusing on this" she gestured to my phone "and loosen up a bit. Your face is gonna stay in that wrinkled-eyebrow-worried way if you don't smile for once," she said as she held out her hand. I smiled weakly and took it, standing up. "I'm just worried-" I started before getting interrupted. "It's gonna be alright. There's something about what he's posting that isn't right. I don't believe she'd do this to you," Jenna said. "She loves you." I looked up as she said that and looked at her nervously. "I know you love her too," she said as she put a hand on my shoulder. I blushed slightly and said, "Love? Well, I don't kno-" she cut me off again. "Oh, you know that you do. There's no hiding it. She's all you think about. You talk about her constantly, you're always calling her-" this time, I interrupted her. "Used to. It's been two weeks, Jen," I said. She sighed and nodded. "I know, but she couldn't have just stopped like that on purpose. She really loves you, Josh. Now, get ready. We need to get you and Tyler set up for tonight," she said and smiled at me before walking out.

I walked to the door and shut it behind her before walking to the table and grabbing my phone. I sat at the desk in my room and opened instagram to @ chrisisntreal and scrolled through. Pictures of beautiful, interesting buildings he's seen along the tour, photos of fans in the audiences, selfies, and Kass. I clicked on a photo of her onstage dancing along with Kat. The caption read "Having so much fun on this tour thanks to you guys. Here's a photo of Kat & my beautiful girl ❤️" She was obviously with him now from all of the photos of her. I wondered when this happened and scrolled through more of them standing side by side at meet and greets. She could've at least called.
I opened another that I hadn't seen of him kissing her the zoo, taken from a short distance away. "Thanks to the fan who shot this one yesterday when they spotted us at the zoo! I love you Kass 💓" read the caption. The date was from a month and a half ago, when we had gone to the zoo together. My mouth dropped open and I fought back tears. This happened when she still was with me? That liar, I thought to myself. You said you wanted to be with me, that the last thing you wanted was to be with him. How could you?

I put my phone on the desk and put my head down by it, crying silently. Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I looked over to see My Girl❤️ at the top of the screen. I just stared at the name. Gotta change that, I guess. As soon as it stopped ringing, it started again. I hit decline and opened up her contact, clicked edit, then deleting her name and replacing it with just Kassie. I opened up my voicemail and listened to the only one on the screen. From Kassie. "Josh, it's me," said the voice on the other end. "I didn't know you had sent those or called. I guess I didn't pay attention, you know how bad I am about that. Well, call me back. I miss you." It ended and I looked down at my phone angrily. She hasn't responded for two whole weeks. Two. Weeks. I knew she was bad at answering messages, but was she that bad? She had to be ignoring me. She's with Chris now. She didn't wanna talk because she loves him and didn't wanna be around me anymore. Two can play at that game, I thought as I found Madison in my contacts and hit call.

"Hey Madi, it's Josh. I was just calling to check in, it's been a while, hasn't it? I'm gonna be in town next week and wanted to know if you'd like to go out. You can pick where we go."
"I'd love to," she said.

*KAT'S POV*
I scrolled through Instagram as Kassie tried on a dress she has found. Kass barely uses it, so every once in a while, I check it for her. I clicked on the most recent photo she had posted, her and Josh eating ice cream together. I had taken it and posted it for her a month ago. There were a lot more comments than usual, I clicked on them and read them.
"What happened with you two?"
"You were so cute together 😭"
"I'm so glad you broke up. He's so much better than you."
"I wish you were still together"
"Chris is much better anyway"
"Shocked you haven't deleted these photos of you guys"
"GUYS SHES WITH CHRIS NOW"
I looked through thousands of them, shocked.
"Those photos of you and Chris are so cute!!"
I read one left by Chris.
"You should delete these babe lol"
I clicked on his profile and scrolled through in shock. There were at least 20 photos posted in the last month of Kass. All of the captions were about how much he loves her and is so happy to be spending time on tour with her.

Kassie walked out dramatically in a long red dress and laughed. "Whaddya think?" she asked as she twirled. I looked up and held out my phone. "You better see this..."

OoOoh MORE drama lol. Hope you're liking the story so far! Make some predictions in the comments! I'm writing these in advance, so this won't go up for a couple of weeks at least so hi i hope you like it!!
there is SOOOO much more drama coming and you're gonna LOVE/hate it. You'll love the twists and stuff but you'll hate what happens lol.
If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments!! Thanks for reading!!!! ❤️💓❤️💓❤️