2

Emily Fields reached down below the Grille's wooden bar top and pulled out two glasses for her and Toby Cavanaugh. They had just gotten off shift at the fair and changed into easier clothes to get around in.

Emily liked that she looked a little more casual in her black button down and blue jeans. The thought of not having to wear the stupid rainbow pinstriped outfit made her smile.

"What can I start you out with?" Emily asked.

Toby touched the wispy hairs that were beginning to grow from his chin. "Give me your weakest. Then we'll move up in strength."

"Deal. But remember, you're paying," Emily said.

Emily knew that since she was fooling around behind the bar that her boss would be somewhat annoyed with her, but Marlene didn't say anything as she saw Toby pass Emily the money that he owed her for the drinks.

The Grille was overly packed that night and Marlene had instructed her employees who were actually on shift that everything was half off for first responders.

Due to the fair, the majority of the crowd in the restaurant were cops that were beginning to get a little too tipsy.

Emily looked around uneasily as she heard the door bell ring continuously alerting them to people going in and out of the front door.

"Fields!" A voice called.

Emily turned and saw Marlene standing nearby with an apron in hand. "Get ready. You're on serving duty tonight. I'll pay you extra. We're swamped and since you're already here, all hands on deck."

Emily groaned into her hand. She knew she should've just stayed home and mixed drinks for Toby there. She had a vast variety of liquor. However, she knew that at least at the Grille she wouldn't be spending any of her own money. "Come on Mar, it's my night off. I've already worked for the majority of the evening."

"Do you want to keep your job?" Marlene asked pointedly.

Emily gulped and took the apron before wrapping it around her waist. She had grown so tired of the constant abuse her boss had put her through.

She understood that The Grille was Marlene's pride and joy. It was the one thing she used to escape from life. A thriving business kept you from maintaining a social life is what she always told Emily.

However, the hours were shitty and when her boss did manage to squeeze her in, she ended up working what would've been three people's shifts in one day. There was no spreading her hours out over the course of a week. And if Emily ever mentioned working full time, Marlene cut her off almost immediately.

Begrudgingly, Emily slipped the apron on around her waist and gave Toby an apologetic grin. "Whenever I get a chance to get back behind the bar, the next one is on me."

"I thought you said you were a bartender?" Toby asked, his expression quite clueless.

Emily shook her head. "You and me both. But tonight, I guess I'm a server."

Emily turned around and made her way to where the hostess, Sabrina, sat. The blonde stared at the brunette who was approaching long and hard. Emily and her had a secret together. And it wasn't one Emily told many people. But since her and Sabrina were secretly seeing one another, she knew there was absolutely no way to keep it secret. However, Emily's story will be told in another part of this story.

"Emily," Sabrina chirped. Her cheeks had turned a slight shade of red which made Emily grin back.

"S," Emily replied, as indifferently as she could. They knew that if Marlene found out, she'd prohibit them from working with each other and the thought made each of them wary.

Chances // Emison and PLL AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें