Welcome to the jungle

(Matilda's POV)

      "So your going to be gone for how many months?" I ask Tom again. He puts his bags into the back of the cab,

"Three months your going to stay with grandma for a few weeks then you will go and spend a month with Chris and Megan. Then you will get to spend the last two weeks of filming in Hawaii with Me. Any more questions?" Tom slams the trunk shut and folds his arms. I pull my carding around my body so tight that I could practically swallow me if it wanted too.

"No I'm good, I'm going to miss you tho." I bite my lip and rock backwards onto my heels. Tom smiles softly and opens his arms, in the beginning I was hesitant to hug Tom but now I jump at the chance to hug my dad. We stand on the sidewalk just hugging each other, Tom smells like soap and a book shop.
     "Be good for grandma okay."
"Okay", I respond choking back the lump that sits in my throat. "I Love you so much"
      " I love you too Matilda. I've got to go now, I will call you when I land" Tom opens the door to the cab and slides in silently. I watch as the lemon yellow taxi drives down our street. I turn around and walk up the steps the front door.
      "Hey Matilda"  Lane says, closing the door to his grandmothers house. He's got a messenger bag across his shoulder and his house keys in the other. "How long is your dad gone for this time?" He ask knowing that this a sore spot. For a while in September Tom was gone doing a Shakespeare show he would leave before I woke up and wouldn't get back until after 11:00. The only days he was home on were Sundays but he slept most the time because he was so exhausted.
       "Three months, off to class I see."
Lane smiles sheepishly his nimble hands push through his shaggy red hair. "Ya I can get my teaching license two weeks. Well I've got to get going." Lana wheels his rusted red bike out from beside his house.
    "Hey if you ever want to practice your teaching skills I'm looking for a new tutor."
Lane nods and hops on his bike, "well I will definitely keep that in mind, see you later"

{~~~}

I make my self some lunch: a ham sandwich, with a salad and iced tea. After I eat I wash my dishes and put them back in their places. I tidy the kitchen and the living room. Then I go upstairs and take a shower, I packed my bag last night. I blow dry my hair and curl it, I apply minimal makeup. I pull on a pair of dark green denim pants, a blue flora shirt that ties in the front, a pair of heels, and my dads wedding ring. I slip my computer, which was a birthday present from uncle Ben, into my back pack along with my book, blanket, and charger. I put my phone in my back pocket and drag my suitcase down the stairs. Tom arranged for a car to take me to grandmas house, it's supposed to be here at 1:30. So I have about ten-ish minuets, Crystal is sleeping in the window ledge purring softly. I pull out my phone and open my instagram, my followers skyrocketed after Tom and I were seen together at comic con. I post a video of my story: for sake of privacy I stand in-front of a blank wall. "All right my lovely's It's Matilda Tara, and I just wanted to send y'all an inspirational quote for the weekend," I started doing a quote every Friday a few months ago. "Mistakes are proof that you are trying. Sleep on that, sending all my love to the country where I was born and raised and every place in between." I blow a kiss and end the video. A car horn honks from outside, I grab my backpack, suit case and house keys. Locking the door behind me a pit my bags in the car and buckle up. The cab driver is an old guy who looks about 40 years old,
"Your mr. Silversmith right?" I ask the driver, he nods politely and pulls out into traffic. It's silent except for the quite purr of the engine, we're nearing my grandmas house but instead of going to the left the driver keeps going straight. "Hey mr I think you missed the turn" he shakes his head and keeps driving. By now I've got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, I clumsily pull out my phone and text Shara, uncle Ben, grandma, Emma anyone I can think of but nobody responds. I'm thinking of lots of ways to get out of this situation but I can't think of any. I'm just so confused as to why this guy wants me... Oh god! It hits me like a train, this is the guys that has been sexually assaulting women!

A/N
Bum bum bum! Just so y'all know I'm not actually going to go into detail about her getting raped. But I did choose to write these chapters in support of #metoo if you guys don't know what that is google it. Vote, comment, and rock on!
Xx