Don't Wanna Know

(Matilda's POV)

"So I was a little rude," I admit, Indigo and Nick have been grilling me all day about Tom, "but he wants me to live with him!"

"So- all you talk about is finding a real family!" Nick points out,

"But he lives in London"

Before I can process anything, Indigo slaps across the back of the head,

What! I sign

You have always wanted a real family! And now your not going to take a chance because your scared! That's stupid Mal.

Before I can say anything else my name is called over the PA,

"Arghhh now what" I whine, as of right now I want to lock my self in a closet and hope the world goes away.

(Katie's POV)

It's just me at the house today, Carly has the day off, I'm waiting for Tom to get back with Mal. I wash the dishes and vacuum the floors and finish a few loads of Landry.

I quietly hum to myself as I tidy my office, and get the paper work in order,

"KATIE!!" Mal roars,

"I'm in the office" I Chirp, half a second later the door bursts open, and Mal barges in,

"WHAT THE HELL!" She screams, Tom appears in the door a second later, his eyes are wide, with what I assume is fear, " YOU MAKE ME GO TO SCHOOL AND THEN HE PICKS ME UP 5 MINUTES AFTER I GET THERE!"

"Matilda. Take a breath." I state, in attempt to all her down, she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, when she opens them she flys off the handle, in sign.

"Matilda Tara Kane! If you don't calm down this instant I am going to tie you to a chair!" And just like that she stops signing, "thank you. Now you Tom and I are going to set our terms, and then-"

"And then what Katie?!" Mal sneers,

"Sit down NoW!" I roar, Mal sits down in the chair and folds her arms, "Tom, you explain it to her!" I say, waving him over

"Katie told me that you wanted to set some terms, for If I do adopt you."

" I have tow conditions, one I want to come back to Canada at least twice a year, and two I want to be able to dance in London."

Tom ponders this for a moment before responding,

"I can do that, but I have a condition."

"Shoot"

"You will go to school, and you will tell me if something is bothering you - no mater what."

"Okay."

I sit down behind my desk and push the paper work over to Tom and Matilda,

"Now you both need to sign this, and then Mal you will no longer be consider an orphan!" I tell her, she leans forward and grabs a pen.

"Tom."

"Yes"

"Why me?" She asks.

"Because I need someone like you in my life. Someone who has sense of humour, who I can share my favourite things with. Matilda I want you to be my daughter."

Matilda start crying halfway through Toms speech, tears pour out of her eyes,

"I would love to be your daughter" she cries, Tom wraps his arms around Matilda and pull her into a hug.

(5 minutes later)

(Toms POV)

Matilda is going to stay here tonight so she can finish packing, and the tomorrow we will fly to Toronto and the back to London. I'll be honest with you I didn't think Matilda was going to come and live with me, but I guess I was wrong.

(Matilda's POV)

After Tom, Katie and I finally finished signing the adoption papers I went upstairs and changed into my pjs, I didn't have much to pack, my blanket, a few books, my clothes, dance stuff and my stuffed dog, after that I crawled into bed, letting my mind wander I soon fell asleep.