XVIII // Unnecessary Almost-Nudity

Start from the beginning

"Oh, it's nothing. Well, not really, but all will become clear rather soon. The coast is clear, so we can go."

"Right, well I didn't understand half of that, but it's almost dark so come on."

Black nods in agreement and then all of a sudden takes off his shirt.

It kind of makes me understand why he has such a large following of girls, but at the same time, I'm completely and utterly horrified.

Oh no, does he need to strip naked to turn into his animagus form? Oh golly, he must have to. I'm going to shut my eyes because I can't move from behind this tree or they'll definitely know I'm here.

"Mate, what on earth are you doing?" asks Remus. "Put your top back on." 

"Alas, darling Moony, I need to take off all of my clothes to transform to my animagus form."

Oh Merlin.

"What? Shut up, Sirius and, no- stop, don't take your pants off, no one wants to see that."

I hear a rustling sound and the voice of James Potter says, "Pad, mate, come on, what are you doing?"

I risk a peek and am thankful to see that Potter is fully clothed. Oh, Merlin, what if he wasn't? I hadn't considered that. 

"Apologies lads, I just wanted to put on a show for our audience." Black, thankfully with pants on, holds up the map.

Wait, audience?

Potter stares at the map and then grins, fixing his beady little eyes on me. "Bishop! How lovely to see you!"

Fiddlesticks.

I reluctantly step out from behind the tree I am apparently unsuccessfully hiding behind.

Remus looks surprised. "Eva? What are you doing here?"

"Well I was just sitting here writing and then all of you lot came by and I didn't want to intrude, so..."

"...So you just stayed and watched Sirius getting undressed?" asks Potter.

"I closed my eyes once I realised what was going on. I didn't want to risk going blind."

Black laughs, folding up the map. "Well this has been fun, I should probably put my shirt back on because Remus looks slightly frustrated, I mean it is his time of the month after all."

Remus glares at Black and then grimaces in my direction. "Sorry about that Eva. We've really got to go now though."

Black finishes getting clothed and then suddenly changes into a dog. Whoah. That was weird. 

Dog-Black runs into the forest.

"Right, well, bye," says Potter, who runs after Black, transforming into a stag mid-jump. Remus follows after them, waving goodbye.

I'm not going to lie, I am very confused by this whole encounter and I wish that it had never happened. 

Damn Black and his damn decisions.  

It's dark now so I'm going to head back inside.

Monday

November 3, 1977

Potions

I'm currently in Potions class and Black seems to be back to his normal self. I'm assuming it's because of his birthday. 

Speaking of, my day has already been interrupted three times because of said birthday. 

Firstly, all of the food in the breakfast hall was pancakes and bacon. There were zero other options. I saw McGonagall raise her eyebrows when she came in but she didn't say anything or do anything to fix the breakfast situation. I really wanted waffles.