XVIII // Unnecessary Almost-Nudity

Start from the beginning

I stayed behind the statue.

"I would like to point out that despite what you think, your stealth skills are significantly below par. I noticed you literally as soon as you started following me."

I reluctantly moved out from behind the statue.

He raised an eyebrow.

"It was an accident."

"You accidentally started following me?"

"...Yes?"

"You can't just accidentally start following someone around, you know. Especially when they're making specific turns to get you lost, so you can't say it was a coincidence."

"Well, what I meant is that I didn't mean to just start following you, I did it on accident."

"But you did follow me, which meant that you did mean to."

"Well, yes, but-"

"I knew it!" he grinned. "I knew you were obsessed with me!"

What?

"Good chat, Evelyn." 

"I, uh-"

"If that's all, I'll be off then? I've gone a fair bit out of my way, you see. One of my crazy stalkers just would not give up and I had to try and throw them off but obviously I failed!"

"I'm not-"

"Goodbye, Evelyn. Have a lovely day!" 

He ducked through the doorway next to him. 

A ghost floating past told me to close my mouth because apparently it wasn't very ladylike. 

So now I'm sitting at the edge of the forest near the Black Lake trying to find some inspiration and gather my thoughts. 

I wasn't stalking him, per say, but, well, I was following him. It seems a bit silly now that I think about it. Oh well, hopefully there's been no harm done. Plus it didn't even help me come up with a present idea. 

Honestly, I don't really think I should be wasting my time trying to think of a present for some boy that I don't even like. Surely I have much better things to do with my time, like see what Remus-

Remus? What is he doing here?

I just saw Remus running through the forest with- is that a stag? 

James bloody Potter. 

Who knows what they're up to. 

Oh look, it's Sirius Black walking down the hill. Am I interrupting some sort of secret Marauder rendezvous? Dammit, if I move he'll see me. I do not want to talk to him right now, especially after the whole 'stalking' incident of approximately 10 minutes ago. 

There's Remus and stag-Potter again. I wonder why Remus isn't in his animagus form. I'm pretty sure it's a wolf, but I've never actually seen it.

"Oi, Padfoot, why're you so late?" Remus calls when Black reaches the edge of the forest.

"Evelyn Bishop was stalking me, would you believe it?" he replies, grinning.

"That I would not believe," Remus responds, shaking his head. "Now come on, it's getting late."

"Alright, hold your horses Moony." Black pulls a piece of parchment from his paper and mutters something. Oh Merlin, I can only assume it's that map of his. 

I really hope he's looking for someone else and doesn't see me. 

He furrows his brows, causing Remus to ask, "What's wrong?"