Chapter 29

I woke up on top of something hard, without thinking I rolled off and hit something even harder. I look up and see that I was on top of Ross, and am now on the floor. Ross woke up at the big bang and almost stepped on me when he jumped off the bed. Naked. Come to think of it all I have on is underwear. Oh yeah. I smile up at his confused face. "Down here." I mutter. He looks down and starts to laugh but stops almost as quick as he started, when he notices our lack of clothing. He helps me up. "Thanks." I rub the back of my head, thankfully I landed on my bum so it wasn't that hard of a landing. He puts on his boxers.

"I'm just gonna go um-" I start to walk to the shower but he steps in my way.

"Hey," He says and lifts my chin.

"Hey," I say back.

"Hey," He repeats.

I smile up at him. "Hey." I say one more time. He smiles wide and kisses me. I put my arms around his neck.

"Hey." He says again.

"Shower." I say. After I peck him on the lips again.

"Shower." He repeats, then raises his eyebrows. "Is that an invitation?" He asks.

"Take it how you'd like." I wink at him and grab my clothes walking to the bathroom. I can practically feel his eyes on me as I walk away.

He clears his throat. "I'll just go make some breakfast. Eggs, bacon, and toast fine?" He asks me. I smile at him, back to his big bad self. I nod.

"That's perfect thank you." I start the close the door. "Hey, Ross?"

"Yeah?" He asks. I think better of asking him to get some fruit ready, feeling like it was a lot to ask.

I put my bra on quickly and walk up to him. I hug him, throwing him off. "Seriously thank you." I tell him. "Last night you didn't have to-I hope you didn't feel obligated to-I could've controlled myself." I tell him. Not finding the right words.

I look at my feet. "Hey." He puts his hand under my chin and lifts my head up, "Believe me, more than anything I wanted last night to happen. Remember when we go back how bad I can get, don't think I regret it because I won't, and I don't."

I smile up at him. He kisses me. He's so amazing when he's alone, in front of people I know him as the stone cold rock. Which I understand completely, keeps him from getting hurt.

He squeezes my shoulder and with a wry smile looks over my body and walks out of the room. I take a shower and change into a tampon much preferring them over pads. I walk out of the bathroom and on the bed is a leather outfit. Jonah finished his work. I smile as I put it on, it fits perfectly. I look in the mirror. Suddenly I realize this is a practice outfit, not a war outfit. It's a crop top of leather, that shows off plenty of my cleavage and the lichen tattoo that lights up my torso. The pants are tight looking but movable. The outfit, like the other one on the bed is made to make me appear sexy, strong, and powerful, not to mention bold. I look down at my hands. On my left hand is a blue tattoo of a wave and on my left a red tattoo of flames.

I wonder... I try and imaging a flame ball in my palms. and one appeared in each hand the one in my right hand much brighter and stronger. I smile, this is amazing I've always loved to play with fire. I walk downstairs in my training outfit. I walk into the kitchen and on the island is an arrangement of food. Eggs, bacon, toast, vegetables, and fruit. "Didn't think I could cook did ya?" Ross asks coming up behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. I look up him and he places a kiss on my lips. Suddenly I remember. I pull away.

"Look what I can do." I put my hand out in front of me and imagine the dancing flame. He smiles. he puts his hand slightly over the flame and the flame disappears in a mist of water. He shows me his water tattoo. I take his other hand. Nothing. Weird. I show him my other hand and his smile widens.