Chapter 3:

**FLASHBACK**

**Young Cops POV**

"Pierce." My partner looked at me. I nod to a teenage girl with a little boy tightly holding her hand and Amanda a girl I knew from a diner. The two girls are around the same age. Amanda's yelling at the girl in the front. I rolled down the window. Pierces face went grave like he knew who the other girl was.

"-your mother was just a useless sex toy and that's all she was," The girl up front flinches. "she's probably slept with everyone on the block! Hell she probably even slept with the girls!" I see the young girl with the boy tense up. Amanda must be looking or a fight. "I wouldn't be surprised if you have too though you probably prefer the girls!" The girl up front shakes her head, and keeps walking.

Amanda says something that I couldn't hear clearly. My hearings never been the best even if it should. Though I look at Pierce and he looks angry.

The girl turns around letting go of the boys hand, she's shaking with anger. "Amanda shut up before you regret it." I can barely hear the girl in the front say it, her jaw clenched.

I reach for the handle ready to break up the two before something happens. "No, wait. If something happens she deserves it." Pierce says calmly. I nod.

"Alex's mommy was a sex toy, and Alex takes after her dead mommy." Amanda taunts.

Alex takes three big steps toward Amanda and before Amanda even knew what was happening Alex threw her fist into Amanda's face.

"Now." Pierce said. Alex gets in one more punch. "Go before, the damn girl gets hit so hard she doesn't wake up!" I open the door and run to the girls. Pierce right behind me. I get to Alex who won't stop punching Amanda in the stomach. I hold her back. She pulls toward the other girl trying to punch her again, man she's strong for someone so small. "It's alright calm down." And she stopped finally realizing someone was here and she broke down crying. Somehow i just knew she wasn't the type of person to cry, especially in front of peope. They were quiet sobs. I knew then that this girl didn't need to be told what she did was wrong, because in all honesty Amanda deserved it. In a way she prevented dozens of other girls going through the same thing.

Instinctly I pull her to my chest trying to comfort her in any way I possibly can. She slowly falls to her knees, I follow her down to the ground. "It's gonna be alright shhhh..." I hug her tightly to my body and fell a tingling sensation, and a shock. I look at Pierce he must see something in my eyes and smiles knowingly. I smile inwardly but keep it to myself. This girl is amazing and I get to keep her all to myself. Little did I know so many surprises were yet to come.

Pierce checks Amanda for wounds and says them outloud. "Broken nose, 2-3 broken ribs, and oh," he cringes, " that's gonna leave a mark." He said whilst looking more closely at the girls nose. I hear a groan from Amanda and smile at what the girl in my arms had caused. Though I feel like she could do much more damage then what she did, she held back. She showed restraint against someone so cruel, that is a quality a great leader must have. I look over at Pierce and see he's smiling for the same reason.

Suddenly the girl in my arms jolts up to her feet, any sign of weakness gone, as if never even there. I jump up just as quickly. I grab her arm. "You can't leave just yet." though for some reason, the look on her face perhaps, I know this is for a greater more important purpose than escaping the police. She shakes her arm out of my grasp. I get ready to chase her knowing she'll be fast, not to catch her but to follow her, I feel the need to protect her. I don't let her know that of course, I just come off as any other cop would.

She mutters something under her breath. "Cursing ain't gonna work with me kid." She glares at me as if to say 'your ony a few years older than me' and she's right. I graduated from the police academy early because I was so far ahead of everybody already. I guess that's just one of the perks of being in the "police bloodline".