Fade Into You

Começar do início

"Fine," she smiled "Mind if we go for a walk for a wee while? I'll help ya' fix up yer bruise after"
"Sure.." Charli said a bit confused "You're sure everything is ok?"

Jenny sighed "Simon had a bit of a meltdown at the park, another boy took his favourite elephant on a lark...it wasn't pretty...mum is just trying to calm him down. It's easier if no one else is around when he's like this, you understand, yeah?"

Charli nodded.

"Its just hard sometimes," Jenny said as the two shared a batch of chips. Jenny was one of the toughest girls in their neighborhood, she felt like she had to be as she was constantly defending her little brother when he'd had an episode and standing up for her mother.
"Honestly Jen, I don't see why everyone judges your family so harsh...Simon is lovely and your mum does everything she can for both of you" Charli said finally.

"Thanks, Charli" Jenny smiled "I'm probably just being a bit oversensitive"

Just then they heard 3 voices singing loudly as they entered the pub, Charli perked up while Jenny sunk lower.

"Aw c'mon Jen, you know none of the lads care about your family stuff," Charli said.

"It's not that, John and I.." she raised her eyebrows suggestively. Charli went wide-eyed.

"Really?" she whispered. Jenny nodded.

"Yeah...but he's back with Cyn and I just..I'm embarrassed" she confessed.
"You're still coming tonight?" Charli asked. They'd been spotted and John, Paul, and George were making their way to them.

"Of course I am!" Jenny said, "I'm not some mopey little girl over him!"

"Hey girls," George said "Ready for tonight?"

"I think that's the most I've heard you talk George!" Charli laughed.

"Are you serious? He never shuts his gob at rehearsal" Paul laughed putting an arm around George.

"Sod off!" George laughed. The excitement from the 3 was contagious.

"Hey Jen," John said coolly.

"Hi John," she said, "Are you talking to me now?"

"Aw come off it, I already apologised...it was a mistake," he said.

"Right," she said going back to ignoring him "Charli, we should get going if we're going to get ready for tonight"

"So you're actually coming?" John said nervously. He knew Cyn was going to be there as well.

"'Course I am!" Jenny said "I'm celebrating me best mate's birthday and supporting Paul and George on their first night at the Casbah"

"Well, fine!" John said angrily.

"Fine!" Jenny said as she turned on her heel and left. Charli gave an apologetic look to Paul.
"See ya' tonight luv," he said kissing her cheek and giving her a wink.

"I'm sure Jenny will be calmed down by then," Charli said as she left.

"So...you and John, huh?" Charli asked as they sat in Jenny's room, Jenny finding the right shade of makeup for Charli.
"Ugh...I don't want to think about that arse" Jenny said. "Right, I think I found the palest shade possible" she laughed.

"C'mon Jen, you can tell me," Charli said as she exhaled a puff of smoke from her cigarette.

"There's not much to tell, he and Cyn were on the outs, me and him flirted for awhile...we had sex, 2 days later he's back with Cyn and acting like I don't exist" she shrugged. "Just feeling a bit foolish"