Chapter 14 - School shocks and dramas

Start from the beginning

Feeling slightly better I dressed in my horrid uniform and dragged my sorry behind down for breakfast. Izzie was almost buzzing at the kitchen table as she made toast for me. All I could manage was a grunt of thanks while she babbled on endlessly. I grumpily walked to the bus stop with her and waited for my hell of a day to start.

The chattering on the bus seemed to be reaching a new kind of excitement while I just looked at the ground. Glancing up once, I stumbled missed a step and fell over which gave everyone the excuse to laugh at me.

I couldn’t help but stare though, wondering if I was imagining things as I clumsily tried to pick myself back up. But no he walked towards me to try and help me up. I shook my head in confusion at him. Why the hell was Caden sitting on my bus in full school uniform?

I bit my lip when I saw a hurt look flash on his face but I didn’t know what to do. I sat down in my chair next to Izzie as the bus lurched away. What do I do? Seriously what do I now? My brain shouted at me in panic.

I carefully peeped at him only to find him surrounded by girls with Christine taking the seat next to him. He looked overwhelmed but jealousy swept through me and I knew I would do something drastic. Without conscious thought, I marched over to him only to have Christine sneer at me like usual.

“I need to talk to you right now.” I told Caden firmly and he smiled as he tried to move past Christine.

“Yeah right, like he’d ever want to talk to you.” She scorned me. Don’t use magic, don’t use magic, don’t be tempted to set fire to her hideous bleached hair, was all I chanted to myself.

“Fine then just answer me one thing.” I looked at Caden and he nodded.

“I’m Travelling back this morning, are you ready for it?” I said in code, hoping he understood but he nodded slightly and I went back to my chair. Izzie gave me a strange look as did the rest of the kids on the bus but I ignored their questions.

As soon as we arrived at school I waited until he got off the bus. I followed him closely and when nobody was looking I quickly snatched his hand and took us back to my room. Caden shook his head for a moment when we finally arrived and I recalled how disorienting it can be to Travel for the first time.

“You’ll be fine just give it a minute.” I told him as I squeezed his hand “Now tell me what the hell you are doing here.” I demanded looking up at him.

“It was you’re father’s idea. He told me not to tell you but he said I have to spend a few months here with you doing what you do every day before he will consider our life bond seriously. So he organized everything and well here I am.” Caden explained “I am fairly certain it will not be the most enjoyable experience but I am willing to risk it for you.”

Geez how could I be angry at him when he said things like that to me. I sighed and enfolded him in a hug as I peered up at him with a smile. He was really too sweet for words but I was worried with how he would cope at school. I mean Earth school was full on and everyone would expect him to act a certain way.

“You’re crazy to do this you know.” I whispered against his chest but he just returned my smile.