Chapter 2 - The Beginning of the Perfect Love Story (Yeah right!)

What?!? What the hell?? Seriously... what???!???

Ouch! I wince as my still-pretty-hot coffee falls onto my t-shirt, making me awaken from my moment of paralyzation. The mug was in my hands and I had tilted it towards my mouth, just about to take a sip of the coffee, when I had overheard the unexpected, causing it to run down my favourite gray t-shirt.

I grap the napkin lying on my table & dab my t-shirt as it starts sticking to my skin. Ugh!

My thoughts are still scrambled and I don't know what to think. So let me get this straight, some guy just confessed to his girlfriend or a girl who definitely wanted to be his girlfriend (if she wasn't already) that he can't be with her because he is "madly in love" with me? This is insane!

I can't help but think that I recognise his voice, but I don't want to put a name to the voice and jump to any unnecessary conclusions. I need to know for sure.

A chair behind me scrapes roughly and I discreetly turn towards the window and lower my head so my hair would drape over the side of my face. From the reflection of the window, I am suprised to see Madison - in her usul skimpy attire - sniffing loudly as she hurriedly makes her way out of Brewed Awakening. I do a double take and see that I was right; it was in fact Tyler's voice!

I look at myself in the window & realise that my face is plastered with a huge lopsided grin. Of course I am flattered. This is Tyler Jacobsen we are talking about! The hottest guy in school and the captain of the football team. Every girl has dreamt of dating him; even those of us who thought we would never have a chance.

And he just confessed that he loves me! He rejected Madison - an obnoxious but gorgeous cheerleader - for me!!! Wow, we would be such a cute couple. It's like something out of a book; high school jock falls for adorable nerd and together they show the school that social status cannot stand in the way of love. I could write a book of our perfect love story and get it published. Hmm... what should the title be?

While I am mentally planning my future with Tyler, (Ty? I should probably call him Ty now that he's going to be my boyfriend. It's more personal and I know that only his close friends call him that. But then again I am going to be more than just a close friend. I should come up with my own nickname for him; something exclusive. T-Man? Ty Ty? Ty-squared? Tyger? Grrr! Tydy bear? Aww, I'm so creative. Bet no one thought of that one before!) I don't realise that he has called the waitress over to pay the bill.

When I hear him thanking the waitress, I snap out of my little daydream of how our first kiss would be.

He's going to leave soon. I need to do something! I have to get him to confess his undying love for me! I quickly come up with a genius plan. He has to pass by my table to leave the coffee shop, so I will place my left foot out and when he passes by, he will trip over my foot and I'll be like 'Oh, I'm so sorry' in my fake-sorry voice and then he will be all 'I am so glad you are here, there is something I have to tell you...'and then I will blush and act shy and innocent when he reveals his feelings. I am so smart! He's so lucky that he's going to have me as his girlfriend. I am giving him the nudge he needs; otherwise who knows how long it would take him to pick up his guts and come up to me. I can be pretty intimidating.

I just realised that I'm going to literally make him fall head over heals for me. Hah!

Now it's time to put my acting skills on display...

{Hey guys, please vote & comment if you like the story so far. It would mean a lot to me & will encourage me to keep writing. Thanks so much!}