Chapter Four

Shane's POV~

As soon as we had set foot in the library, I had taken off for the restrooms in the back. I had needed to pee for the last half hour of the drive to the college. I shouldn't have chugged that enter bottle of soda right before we left.

I paused outside the bathroom door as I listened to the dean make her message. A blizzard watch? In summer? The temperature had been unusually low recently, though. They were probably just over reacting. It was probably just a rare flurry heading our way.

I made my way to the mystery aisle. I had no doubt that Will had dragged Liam there as soon as they entered.

Suddenly the library got a lot louder as the chatter of a couple dozen people reached my ears. I looked over at the door to see what must be the tour group entering the library.

Ignoring the tour group, I continued on my way to find Will and Liam. I finally reached the mystery aisle and looked down it, frowning as I realized they weren't there. Maybe Will had already finished on this aisle and had moved on to another one.

I looked around, trying to decide if I should keep going forward or go back the way I came, when I heard a small sniffle from a couple aisles away. Following the sound, I reached the aisle to find Will standing there looking about ready to cry. I pulled him against myself for a hug and stroked his hair soothingly as the tears started to flow.

"What's the matter?" I asked him in a soft voice, trying to calm him down. This wasn't the first time I've had to do this. Will was so easily hurt. I didn't mind being there for him though. He was like a little brother to me. We actually could pass as brothers if we wanted to. Liam too. We were all within an inch of the same height, and all had the same black hair and blue eyes. We used to joke about being long lost triplets separated at birth.

"H-h-he," Will choked out before the tears overwhelmed him again.

"Who?" I prompted him. "What happened, Will?"

Silently, Will picked his head off my chest where it had been buried and looked down the aisle. He looked heartbroken, and it made me want to beat the crap out of whoever did this to him. I followed his gaze to the end of the aisle.

Standing there was Liam. He had his arms wrapped around another guy's waist and as I watched, he smashed his lips against the guy's in a passionate kiss. I felt my temper flare. Why would Liam so blatantly hurt Will like this?

I gently unwrapped Will's arms from around my waist and led him to a nearby couch. "Stay right here," I told him. "I'll go take care of this, ok?"

He nodded, a slight blush appearing on his cheeks as he wiped his tears away. He had always hated that he cried so easily.

Walking back to the aisle, I saw that Liam and the guy were separated now.

"Liam!" I yelled to get his attention. He looked over at me and his gaze darkened for a moment before his smile returned as he turned back to the guy. He said something that I couldn't hear before walking over to me. I grabbed his arm and began dragging him in the opposite direction of where I had left Will.

"What's your problem?" Liam asked me, pulling his arm out of my grasp.

"What's my problem?" I asked, getting angry now. "What's your problem? Will is practically bawling his eyes out because of you! Why would you do that? I swear if you weren't my best friend I would hit you right now!"

Liam took a step back, raising his hands in defense. "Calm down," he said. "I did it because we both know that Will would never have made a move in a million years!"

"That's no excuse to hurt him like that! And you don't know if he would have made a move or not! The fact that he obviously wanted to should have been enough to keep you from doing something like that!"

I was seeing red now. All I wanted to do was to knock some sense into Liam right now. I brought my fist up to hit him, but before I could swing at him, a shriek from the front of the library caught my attention.

"Oh my God!" some random girl from the tour group shouted. "It's snowing outside!"

There was a mad dash to the windows as everyone wanted to get a peek at the snow. I couldn't help myself as I turned around to look with everyone else. The girl was right. It was snowing, and not even flurries. The snow was coming down surprisingly heavy.

Shaking my head, I turned back around to find that Liam had run off when I turned my back. Figures.

Not bothering to try and find him, I went back to where I had left Will. He was sound asleep on the couch I had left him on. Sighing, I picked up the top magazine on the table. I sat down on the couch across from Will. With nothing better to do, I flipped open the magazine and began to read.

A/N: You're lucky I'm a nice person, Blue! I was so tempted to let Shane beat the crap out of Liam for hurting my poor Will =( Anyway, what do you guys think of our four main characters? They're all awesome, right? Right! Love you all! -Nicole

Shane --->