Chapter 14

Lucky's POV

"Alright everyone put your pens down."

In the classroom, you could hear everyone setting their pens on the table. Everyone except for me at least. I was rushing to write down these last few words on my paper.

"Hey, dumbass." Ivy, who was sitting next to me, poked me. "He said stop writing."

"Ivy," Riley, who sat on my other side, whispered back at her, "leave her alone, or else you'll get punched in the face."

Ivy lowered her head, and left me alone. Calvin skipped class today, so that's why Ivy and her sister were sitting so close to me.

I was able to finish the sentence I was writing by the time the professor came to our row to collect our papers. After which, he handed back our previous test that we took during the first week of classes.

When he came back to our row again, I noticed how I was the only one who passed the quiz. I got an A plus. Ivy and Chrissy failed, and were bummed out about it. Riley got her test back, but didn't look phased by the D minus that she received.

I looked at my mate with confused eyes. "How did you fail that?"

Riley shrugged. "I always fail tests and stuff."

"But, how!? Just yesterday you were helping me study for today's test. You obviously know the information and what not."

"Yeah, I know most of the material." Riley crumpled up her test, and threw it behind her, into a garbage can. "That doesn't mean I feel like proving my knowledge on a piece of paper."

The professor dismissed the class as soon as he was done passing back all the tests. Riley and I left, and Ivy and Chrissy followed right behind us.

As we were walking, I began to notice... Riley really doesn't do all that well in the classroom. Her notebook has a few pages of notes, but most of the pages are filled with doodles. She falls asleep halfway through class, and she doesn't even hand in essays on time.

A normal student like that would be kicked out of the class from their professor, but Riley is getting cut some slack. I wasn't sure why, and I don't think I wanted to know.

"So, Riley." Chrissy called out from the side. "there's a pack meeting later on today, and some of us are gonna hang out at the club tonight. You in?"

"Eh, not really." Riley sighed. "I think I'm going to stay in tonight."

The two sisters froze in their tracks and let out a gasp. Ivy was the one capable of speaking. "But, it's a pack meeting."

"And the club." Chrissy repeated. "Since when do you stay in?"

Riley got defensive. "Why does it matter?"

The sisters looked at each other, the back at us.

"Well, you've been acting a little different lately."

"Yeah, and you're always with her." Chrissy pointed at me. "Not to mention that you're always defending her whenever we get within 20 feet of her."

"Lucky and I hang out, so what?"

"So what?" Ivy shrieked. "During the beginning of the semester you were plotting to kill her."

"You two are so annoying." Riley groaned.

I looked up at her. She was running her temples with her thumb and index finger.

"We just want to know what's going on." Chrissy stomped her foot in frustration.