Chapter 13

Riley's POV

Weeks passed, and so far, Lucky and I were going smoothly. I've promised to wait until shes ready to take things to the next level. It's been a bit hard for me though, because we live in the same room, and we take turns sleeping in each others bed.

Sydney got suspended, but she comes back in a few days. She took her suspension time to visit her parents. Savannah has been missing her girl like crazy though.

I kind of feel bad, because I'm sure this was Sydney's first fight on campus grounds. I've fought numerous times but I haven't been in serious trouble. That's because the administrators are afraid of what my father would do to them if they ever got the balls to suspend me.

I haven't seen Crystal since our little showdown. She probably thought it'd be best for her to avoid me.

Right now Lucky and I were in our room. Savannah had class, so we were all alone for the time being.

I was sitting on the floor, laying against my bed with a PS2 controller in hand. I was playing an old Crash Bandicoot game. Lucky was on the other side of the room, trying to study for some test she had coming up. I should've been studying for the same test, but I didn't feel like it.

I glanced over at her. Lucky's head was buried in a text book. She had a look of confusion plastered on her face. She was gnawing on the end of a blue pen.

Focusing my attention back to my video game, I slouched down some more, then said, "You know, if you keep doing that, the pen might explode in your mouth."

"You know, if you keep distracting me, I'm never gonna know what to do on the test."

I paused my game, then slowly turned back to face her. "I only distracted you once."

"That's one time too many. Plus, the TV's too loud, it's even more distracting."

I rolled my eyes, but I reached to my side and grabbed the remote. I turned down the volume, then threw the remote on my bed. "Happy now?" I asked, resuming my game.

I heard Lucky sigh in a stressful way. She banged her head against her textbook. "I honestly have no idea how I'm going to pass this..."

I paused my game again, but got up to see what she was stressing about. "You're worried about this stuff?" I asked in disbelief. "This is so easy."

"Then you do it then."

"Move." I said. Lucky got up and let me sit in her chair. She sat on my lap while I worked on the problem she was struggling with.

I scanned her notes. They were neat and organized. The problem was just worded with words normal people wouldn't use in real life.

I began writing down some stuff, and in a matter of seconds, I had answered the question. "Here." I gave it to Lucky.

She looked over what I had written down, then looked at me in surprise. "How did you do that?"

I shrugged. "The question basically just asks which territory belongs to which alpha." I pointed at the piece of paper Lucky was holding. There was a picture of a map on the side. "See, here's your pack territory. To the right of it belongs to my father's pack. Below that is Alpha Kikki's pack territory."

"Who is Alpha Kikki?"

"She's only one of the most powerful and respected female alphas out there. How do you not know this?"

"More like, how do you," Lucky pointed a finger at me, "know this stuff!?"

"It's simple stuff for me. My father basically forced me to know about wolf territory when I was young."