Chapter 5

Calvin's POV

"Calvin!" I heard my father's voice echo through the air.

"Boss?" I replied.

"Where is Riley with the girl? I'm growing impatient." He asked for the 100th time tonight while pacing back and forth.

"About that... The girl got away, Sir. Riley wasn't able to capture her."

My dad started shaking. He hit a nearby wall and started breathing heavy. "Can't she do anything right!?" He roared. I flinched at his tone. "I need to go for a run. The next time you see her sister, tell her that she's lucky I'm willing to give her another chance. if she screws up again, then it will be the end for her." He warned, then proceeded to walk away.

I sighed. Riley had met up with me before I met up with our dad. She had told me about how Lucky could be her mate. She was in a state of panic, and it took forever to calm her down.

I decided to call it a night, and walked towards my dorm room. I lived by myself, thank the wolf God and Goddess. I don't do well with roommates.

On my way to my room, I bumped into someone. Once his scent filled my nostrils, a growl immediately erupted from inside me. Before I could speak, I was pushed into a nearby wall.

"Where's my sister!?" Tyler snarled.

"Have you checked her room, you idiot?"

"Savannah told me you and Riley were planning on doing something to her, so don't play dumb with me... Where is she?"

"I said, check. Her. Room." I easily pried his hand off me. "We were planning on having a little fun with your sister, but unfortunately, she wasn't feeling good. My sister took her back to her room, so check there." I then left him alone in the hall, and went into my room.

I flopped down on my bed. So my sister found her mate huh? Well lucky for her. Maybe she'll start to soften up now that she has someone to love... If she accepts her mate that is. Love, it does crazy things to you.

I shook the thoughts out of my head. It was late at night. I would see my sister in class tomorrow, so I'd have to ask her more about her feelings towards Lucky, and I'd have to warn her about Dad. But for now, I was more focused on getting some rest.

Lucky's POV

When I woke in the morning, I had a terrible headache. No more drinking for me, ever. I looked around my room. Savannah was cuddled up in bed with her girlfriend. The blankets were covering their bodies, so I wasn't completely sure if they were naked or not. Riley's bed was empty though

Speaking of Riley, I had the weirdest dream last night, and she was in it. She was being nice to me, well, nicer than how she's been towards me so far. We also kissed. It felt too real to me.

"That's because it was real." My wolf barked. "Riley's our mate." She kept jumping around saying that Riley was our mate over and over again.

"No freaking way." I mumbled softly. "What about Crystal?"

"Fuck Crystal, dumbass! Lets mark Riley. Sure she's a bitch, but she's hot too!"

"Crystal is hot and she's not a bitch."

"But she's not our mate, so ha."

"I'm done with you, bye." I blocked my wolf out.

I got out of bed and went to take a shower, a semi-cold one. After I washed myself, I got dressed and made myself look decent. Savannah was still in bed with her girl, so I silently went out for a walk.

I didn't have class until 4pm, so I had time to kill. I walked around campus, thinking about Riley. How could a girl like her be my mate? Where was she though? I wanted to talk to her about last night.

Soon enough, luck was on my side. I saw Riley walking with her brother. she got one glimpse of me then said goodbye to her brother. She walked over towards me with a frown on her face.

"Hey." I waved.

"We got to talk." Riley said and gently grabbed my arm. She brought us to a corner where no one else could see us. "Look, last night... You can't mention it to anyone else."

"I wasn't planning on it. But, why did you kiss me?"

"You were fucking drunk, and you were all over me. I don't know, it just happened." She shrugged.

"Well, what are we gonna do know? You know we're mates right?"

"Yeah, I know, but we can't be together."

"Why not?"

"Why does it matter? You have Crystal, she's a better choice for you. I'm a dangerous girl, Lucky, you don't want to be with me." And with that, Riley walked away from me.

For a moment, I almost saw a trace of sadness in her eyes. Her wolf was telling her to be with me, to love and care for me. Mine was telling me to run after her and kiss her again. I wanted to, but I decided not to. She was probably right, Crystal is probably the better choice for me.

I walked out from the corner were Riley and I were standing. I could still smell Riley in the air. Now that she's my mate, its gonna be hard for me not to catch her scent.
I decided to go find Crystal. I wasn't going to tell her about Riley. It would start unnecessary drama.

I ventured the Crystal's room. I knocked on her door, and one of her roommates opened up. "Who are you?" She asked.

"I'm Lucky, Crystal's friend. Is she here?"

"Oh yeah, she's been wondering about you all night." She said then blew a bubble from the gum she was chewing. It popped then she chewed and spoke again. "Go inside before she has a heart attack." She stepped aside to let me in.

I immediately saw Crystal on her cell phone. She was dialing a number, but stopped ice she saw me. She ran over towards me and gave me a hug.

"You're alright. I was worried about you."

"I'm fine, I'm fine.." I reassured her.

"You were white girl wasted last night. I didn't really trust Riley to take you back to your room, but she had the room key, so I had to let her go. Or else I would've taken you." She paused for a minute. "Did she do anything to you, take advantage of you or anything?"

"No.. She just helped me sober up a little." I lied.

"Really? She seems like the kind of whore that would take advantage of a drunk girl."

My wolf growled at the comment. I quickly shook it off. "She didn't, don't worry." I kissed her cheek. "Besides, I wouldn't let her. Not when I'm dating you."

Crystal smiled. She then stole a kiss from me. It was our first kiss, nothing to extreme though. It didn't feel as good as when Riley kissed me. It didn't feel right at all. In fact, I had felt a small sting run through my body. I was messing with the small mate bond Riley and I had.

We spent the day together in her room. When 4pm came around, I went to my class. Riley was in the same class as me again. It was only us this time. Her crew wasn't with her.

This was a basic college math class... Calculus. I was a math wiz, believe it or not. But, I wouldn't have thought that Riley would be taking this class. She seems like the type to slack off in school.

The whole class was basically notes about Relative Extrema. I understood everything with no problem. I stole quick glances at Riley, who seemed lost in her own world.

Once the professor dismissed us, Riley was the first one to leave. I noticed she had left her notebook though. It fell on the flirt before I could reach it. I picked it up off the ground, and flipped through the pages. Curiosity got the best of me. I scanned the pages and stopped at a random page. The top half had a cool doodle on it, but the bottom half had a written note.

'I don't know what's wrong with me.' It read. 'I'm not supposed to like her, but I do. Even if we got together, I'd have to turn my back on her. I was trained to kill her and her brother, I can't love her, but... She's my soul mate. I was taught by my mother that you shouldn't go against the wolf God or Goddess. When they assign you a mate, unless they treat you horrible, you stick with them and show them your unconditional love. If only she was still around, I'd go to her for advice. But, my father won't allow this. I know he won't. I just don't know what to do...'

I closed the notebook. Was that note about me? If it was, then this was proof that Riley did care for me. But, why would she want to kill me, or my brother? I just met her this year, so why would she want me dead?

"Ms. Davis?"

"Huh?" I turned to see my professor eyeing me suspiciously. "Oh, yes Professor? Is something wrong?"

"I was just wondering if you were okay, you've been standing there for quite some time now."

"Oh, everything's fine."

He nodded. "Alright, well, I'll see you next class then."

I nodded and walked out of the class. I gripped Riley's notebook in my hand. I still couldn't get my mind off of that note. I'll just head back to my room and give it back to her, but I won't bring it up. Well, I won't bring it up today, but maybe some other time.

After I drop off my stuff, I'll head over to see my brother real quick. He might know why we're wanted dead. I'll also ask Savannah since she's Riley's best friend.

I sighed to myself. I have a feeling I'm not going to like what a hear from either of them.

--------
This story is going faster than I planned lol. It might be shorter than ICBYH, but I still have a long way to go, so we'll just have to see. *Shrugs.*