I Want To Go

Chapter 14

"But why?!" I yell at Dionysus confused. "Because you need training first!" he yells back at me. Earlier I asked Mr.D if I can go on my adventure and get my power back. After seeing my family, not seeing Anteros, and reading about Kronos, I had to get it back."Well there must be a simple way to get it." "No there isn’t, not when your human!" I got angry. "I’m not human though, I’m a…" He cut's me off. "Yes a Minor Goddess I know that but for now your human because you don’t have any powers." "Oh so just because I don’t have powers means that I’m human? You know what forget I ever asked, I’ll just go anyway." I really hated fighting with Mr.D but I needed it now, there was no time for training. I almost stormed out of his office but he grabs my arm to stop me. "I just don’t want you to get hurt, you have no idea what your getting yourself into. Why do you need it now anyway?" I shook my head then face him, "to see my family Dionysus! To see my mortal and Godly families. I also want to see Anteros but there’s more than just that. I want to change the world, change peoples lives and make them happy but most importantly I need to change how the world was before." His eyes widen, he knew exactly what I was talking about.

The Gods on Olympus didn’t want to be with the mortals anymore and they didn’t want anything to do with Earth that’s why we don’t see them anymore. For the longest time they were always on Earth, not afraid to show their faces to the mortals. They still help the mortals but not like how they usually would. They would talk to them and meet them, now they just help them from above. I’m not sure why they didn’t want to see the mortals anymore but the Gods gave them two options. Either all the mortals die so they don’t have to suffer or the mortals would have a shorter life span and take care of themselves. When the Gods were around mortals lived for 1,000 years. The Gods would always heal them and take care of them so that’s why they lived for that long. Since they don’t have the Gods powers anymore it’s hard for them to live on their own. The mortals picked shorter life span and the Gods went back to Olympus to never be seen again.

I wanted the Gods to be in the mortals lives again. It’s just nice to see them together, helping each other, being friends. “Well unfortunately those days will never come again,” Dionysus said with his head down. “But why? Why can’t we live in harmony again?” “Because we just can’t! Ok?” No it was not ok, he’s not letting me get my power and he won’t tell me the full story to things. I was tired of talking to him, “I need to do what's best for my family and the mortals and if that means getting my power back as soon as possible than so be it. I’m not going to train here for months knowing that the mortals need my help and my family need's to see me!” I finally stormed out of his office. What I said was true but I really needed to see Anteros. He didn’t need my help but I needed his. His advice, his presence. I run to my cabin so I pack and get ready to go to Troy, Turkey where the Titans are but more importantly, Kronos.

I walk to my cabin and something startled me. I jumped in fear. It was Percy standing at the entrance of my cabin. “Percy! Oh my God you scared me!” I say taking in deep breaths as my hand is around my neck. “What are you doing here?” I ask him. “I heard you and Dionysus, what you guys were talking about. He’s right you know, you don’t know what your getting yourself into.” “Great another person to tell me I’m wrong, well I need to do this for the people and the Gods.” “Is this about Anteros too? If it is it’s fine I would feel the same way too about Annabeth but sometimes what’s right isn’t always easy." That’s what Panitra said to me too. Percy continues to talk. “They waited years for your return I’m pretty sure a couple of more months wouldn’t hurt. After all, they know they have to wait longer for a good reason. It’s not like you don’t want to see them." I stopped to think then say, “but that’s just it, they waited too long, they don’t deserve to wait any longer." Percy pushed me up against a wall. “I want you alive, training will get you there." After he said that Percy looked into my eyes intensely then kissed me. We were making out on the wall. A tear slipped down my cheek thinking about Anteros and how much I miss him. We make out some more but I turn my head to my left. For a second I thought I was kissing Anteros. “Wait what are you doing? I’m with Anteros, and what about Annabeth?” “I love her and I always will, I don’t want to date you I just care about you a lot. You shouldn’t go to Troy, trust me I’ve been on adventures that almost got me killed but my powers saved me. I can’t see how this is possible for you. I’m not trying to sound offensive but if you don’t have training or powers might as well go in the Underworld with Hades where you can have a quick, peaceful death.” Percy was right, what chances do I have fighting a monster right now? “Your right but I feel like I’m letting everyone down by making them wait longer.” “The only thing that would make them feel down is if you don’t even try to get your power or never see them again. I’m not the only one who cares about you, you know? Your families, your cabins, Anteros, even Dionysus. We all want what’s best for you,” he kisses me again, softly and wink's at me while he walks out of my cabin.

That night when I went to bed I had a dream. It was Anteros standing in a flower field saying, “we can wait longer,” after that the Gods appeared behind him and they all disappeared leaving the flower field empty. Even when he’s not here he still knows how to bring me back up again. I got the advice that I needed. When morning came I got ready for my first day of training. Today we were going to start with dodging. I’m pretty good at this thanks to the dodge balls in gym class but I suck at fighting so that wasn’t going to go so well. We were outside on a court, lined up. We were waiting for the trainer to come, when the trainer came I wasn’t too happy. It was Dionysus. He looked at me with an evil glare. “Alright kids we are going to practise dodging, get the dodge balls and choose your teams!” Mr.D walked over to a bench, I followed him. “Dionysus, I’m sorry for yelling at you yesterday and I’m sorry for not listening but I took your advice. At least I’m here now right?” I felt like this wasn’t enough for him. What I said wasn’t true but it wasn’t a lie either. I did think back to his advice but I took Percy’s advice. Dionysus dosn’t need to know we talked, it was just a talk that I wanted for myself. “It’s fine but if I say anything you disagree with you might want to think then act.” I nodded and took his advice. “Now go on play on the red team,” he pat's me on the back. I didn’t notice there were colours for the teams. As we started to play dodge ball I noticed that the Demigods were using their powers to throw the ball. This game was not fair. There was a guy that was the son of Zeus. He eyeballed me making me his target. Using his powers he makes lighting bolts around the ball so I can get electricuted. Great, I tried to make him fail by moving around a lot but it didn’t work. He threw the ball. The electric, lighting ball came faster and faster towards me…